UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor crjohnson11
Visitor

Chipscope vs Vivado Debugger compile times

I have to use Vivado for a new design because the version of the Logicore IP that works for Artix designs is only available under Vivado.  In debugging the design, I noticed that just adding debugging for a small number of signals (8) adds about 5 minutes to the compile time for the design.  Since the design compiles in 5 minutes with no logic analyzer that is a 50% decrease in productivity!!!  I don't recall that Chipscope added this kind of overhead to the designs under ISE.

Has anyone else had this kind of SLOW experience with Vivado compile times when using the logic analyzer?

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Re: Chipscope vs Vivado Debugger compile times

Chipscope ISE and Vivado Logic Analyzer are separate tools. If you are using the GUI for Logic Analysis where you are finding higher runtime, try running the same in Batch Mode using TCL script which uses less memory and improves runtime. In case you are fine with 5 mins of runtime with GUI you can avoid going to the Batch Mode.
Regards,
Debraj
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos