UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor hypertext
Visitor

Choosing which USB port to connect with TCL script

I did a TCL script to program the FPGA (Spartan-3E) and to read some values using ChipScope VIO. Everything works fine.

The problem is that when I have two FPGAs connected to my PC, I can't choose wich one to connect too.

I do the connection using:

set handle [csejtag_session create "jtagWriteMessage"]
csejtag_session send_message $handle $CSE_MSG_INFO "Cable opened successfully.\n"

etc.

I don't have JTAG cable, I'm using the regular USB cable, and I tried with "CSEJTAG_TARGET_PLATFORMUSB" and specifying the USB port, but of course it doesn't work since I don't have a Platform USB Cable.

Is there a workaround?

Thanks,

Pierpaolo

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Visitor hypertext
Visitor

Re: Choosing which USB port to connect with TCL script

Resolved using this: http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/3rd-Party-Other-Boards-and-Kits/Using-multiple-Digilent-USB-JTAG-cables-with-iMPACT-Analyzer/td-p/309551

Now I wonder if there is some way yo obtain all the serial numbers of the connected FPGAs.

0 Kudos