UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clocking Wizard Warning

Jump to solution

Hi All-

I am using th part "xcku040-sfva784-2-e" and while trying to change one of my clk_out in Clocking Wizard, it's showing a warning that the corresponding buffers are out of range. I am using  BUFGCE drives here. Will it be an issue if I ignore this and go on with synthesis and implementation.? And also I am not able to change the Drives. The only option here is BUFGCE.

clk_issue.PNG
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Clocking Wizard Warning

Jump to solution

Hi @abhijithsiops,

The above message from @chandu_sathi is the correct answer.

You are using a Kintex Ultrascale device, with Speed Grade -2. Looking at the datasheet for such device (document DS892), we can see the following:

MMCM_max_output_KU.PNG

So the MMCM in your device is only capable of generating and routing a maximum frequency of 725 MHz.

If you ignore such warning it most likely won't work and you probably won't even be able to pass Synthesis or Implementation.

Thanks,

Andre Guerrero

Product Applications Engineer

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
3 Replies
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Jump to solution

Hello,

In clock wizard, the PLL can output only certain maximum clock frequency w.r.t the input clock frequency. So, please check how much your clock wizard PLL can supply output. In most common cases it is around 748MHZ for 250MHZ input. Thank you

Jump to solution

Hi @abhijithsiops,

The above message from @chandu_sathi is the correct answer.

You are using a Kintex Ultrascale device, with Speed Grade -2. Looking at the datasheet for such device (document DS892), we can see the following:

MMCM_max_output_KU.PNG

So the MMCM in your device is only capable of generating and routing a maximum frequency of 725 MHz.

If you ignore such warning it most likely won't work and you probably won't even be able to pass Synthesis or Implementation.

Thanks,

Andre Guerrero

Product Applications Engineer

Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

Jump to solution

@anunesgu Thanks for the quick and elaborate reply. Got the exact point I was looking for :)