UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor 053068334
Visitor

ERROR on ILA : when add probe to wave or set trigger on probe , the wrong probe selected and get the wrong probe on waveform and an error on trigger setup

Hi ,

i'm using Vivado ila 2019.1 , attaching image the show the problem on the ILA , and the *.ltx file i'm using .

each time i've try to add probe of bus to the to wavform or configure it over the trigger setup , vivado ila take one spacific probe from the bus.

on the image when i've try to select on of the bus over the probe , for example trying to select the signal fc_wrapper.fc.roc.mrml___iobn0__roc_ncbo_bus1[152:150] 

it reflect to the tcl command bellow:

add_wave -into {hw_ila_data_3.wcfg} -radix bin { {fc_wrapper.fc.roc.mrml___iobn0__roc_ncbo_bus1} }

which add the probe bus "fc_wrapper.fc.roc.mrml___iobn0__roc_ncbo_bus1[128:90] " insted  of "fc_wrapper.fc.roc.mrml___iobn0__roc_ncbo_bus1[152:150]"

and when trying to set a value for a trigger on bus fc_wrapper.fc.roc.mrml___iobn0__roc_ncbo_bus1[152:150]  , again it alway releat to the fc_wrapper.fc.roc.mrml___iobn0__roc_ncbo_bus1[128:90]  and getting the error on mismatch 

"

set_property TRIGGER_COMPARE_VALUE eq3'h5 [get_hw_probes fc_wrapper.fc.roc.mrml___iobn0__roc_ncbo_bus1 -of_objects [get_hw_ilas -of_objects [get_hw_devices xcvu440_6] -filter {CELL_NAME=~"_PTM_RESERVED_NAME_pdrpp_debug_core_0"}]]
ERROR: [Designutils 20-1478] The hw_probe compare_value has wrong bit count [eq3'h5] specified. Correct bit count for the hw_probe is 39.

"

trying to write explict on the tcl the console the bus, also reflect in an ERROR :
add_wave -into {hw_ila_data_3.wcfg} -radix bin { {fc_wrapper.fc.roc.mrml___iobn0__roc_ncbo_bus1[152:150]} }
ERROR: [Wavedata 42-471] Note: Nothing was found for the following items: fc_wrapper.fc.roc.mrml___iobn0__roc_ncbo_bus1[152:150]

Please advice and help ,any idea to workaround this will be appreicate ,

Thanks,

Nadav.M>

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Visitor 053068334
Visitor

Re: ERROR on ILA : when add probe to wave or set trigger on probe , the wrong probe selected and get the wrong probe on waveform and an error on trigger setup

problem found , It seems that the ILA doesnt support multi bus with the same name where it splits between probes ,this only happen when i have alot of probe/nets in single FPGA ILA , ~3K probe & 13K signal in total .

to workaround that it needed to edit the *.ltx file over each problmatic probe ,change the net name to be uniq .

for example in the below probe from the attach ltx file "fc_wrapper.fc.roc.mrml___iobn0__roc_ncbo_bus1" was replaced to "fc_wrapper.fc.roc.mrml___iobn0__roc_ncbo_bus1_145_149" , and now i can select this spacific bus without any issue .

<probe type="ila" busType="bus" source="netlist" spec="ILA_V2_RT">
<probeOptions Id="DebugProbeParams">
<Option Id="BSCAN_SWITCH_INDEX" value="0"/>
<Option Id="CORE_LOCATION" value="1:0"/>
<Option Id="CORE_UUID" value="732a3a1a12b854589faaaf35e14d79e0"/>
<Option Id="HUB_CLK_INPUT_FREQ_HZ" value=""/>
<Option Id="HW_ILA" value="_PTM_RESERVED_NAME_pdrpp_debug_core_0"/>
<Option Id="PROBE_PORT" value="10"/>
<Option Id="PROBE_PORT_BITS" value="115"/>
<Option Id="PROBE_PORT_BIT_COUNT" value="5"/>
</probeOptions>
<nets>