UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Explorer
Explorer

Error Resuming an interrupted IBERT sweep

I was running the IBERT sweep function on my chip (Kintex-7, only the IBERT example design instantiated).  The sweep had several hundred scans to run.  Well, something burped about 3/4 of the way through, Hardware Manager claimed the UUT lost power but reconnected again (it didn't lose power, the IBERT bitstream was still loaded and running just fine).  Naturally I have most of the sweep lines showing "Done" and the rest "Incomplete".

I got the transceiver I was testing running again (it was left in a sweep iteration with parameters that were not a viable connection).  But when I try to run one of the scans that didn't finish I get an error "The scan cannot be run because it does not have an RX".

Can someone tell me what that error message is saying?  It reads like a few words got cut off the end of the sentence.  Searches on xilinx.com and google came up dry for that phrase or subsets of it.

BTW: Vivado 2016.2, Windows platform.

Thanks in advance!

ken

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Observer ddworkin2015
Observer

Re: Error Resuming an interrupted IBERT sweep

i encountered this same error. No hits on Knowledge base. I was able to resolve it by deleting the offending scan, and then recreating it.

highlight scan number-- right click, delete.

got to Serial I/O links tab and click on "+" to create a scan.

choose the link to scan and click OK.

this seems to restore the SCAN and EYE diagram to what it was before the "no RX" error popped up.

No explanation why, just how to recover...

regards,

David.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos

We have been trying to reproduce this issue with no luck so far. We are suspecting it is a system side problem, either memory space is running out or another system resource is limited. DDWorkin2015's suggestion is great for working around the problem though. If you can give any more details around the repeat ability, what scan failed with what settings. This might help us recreate the problem.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Explorer
Explorer

Thanks, I had to abandon it to work on other things (schedules are a thing).

I'm planning an upgrade to 2018.1, I'll try again with the newer tools.

0 Kudos