cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Scholar
Scholar

Error when using debugging a design with an ILA and VIO

I have an Artix design in Vivado 2014.2. It has an ILA and VIO cores that I created using the IP catalog and instantiated in the design. When I program the board I get the following error. Can someone tell me what this means?

Thanks 

WARNING: [Labtools 27-147] vcse_server: No CseXsdb register file specified for CseXsdb slave type: 0, cse driver version: 0. Slave initialization skipped.
ERROR: [Labtools 27-147] vcse_server: Data structures not initialized for CseXsdb slave Device:0, user chain number/bus:1, slave index:0.
ERROR: [Labtools 27-1829] vcse_server failed during internal command 'CseXsdb_getRegisters'. See previous error messages.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Scholar
Scholar

Hi

Sometime back in 11.s, These are spurious messages that can be ignored. The errors occur when the device is reset with a PROG pulse or Power Cycle and then a reconnect is attempted.  

To work around this issue, reconfigure the device. Can you check if this still helps with Vivado?

Regards

Sikta

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Scholar
Scholar

If I reprogram then it still doesnt work. Even worse the FPGA vanishes from the display. This only seems to have happened since I started using the VIO.

WARNING: [Labtools 27-147] vcse_server: No CseXsdb register file specified for CseXsdb slave type: 0, cse driver version: 17. Slave initialization skipped.
ERROR: [Labtools 27-147] vcse_server: Data structures not initialized for CseXsdb slave Device:0, user chain number/bus:1, slave index:0.
ERROR: [Labtools 27-1829] vcse_server failed during internal command 'CseXsdb_getRegisters'. See previous error messages.
set_property PROBES.FILE {C:/HDS/sata_lib/vivado/sata_phy_test/sata_phy_test.runs/impl_1/debug_nets.ltx} [lindex [get_hw_devices] 0]
set_property PROGRAM.FILE {C:/HDS/sata_lib/vivado/sata_phy_test/sata_phy_test.runs/impl_1/sata_phy_test.bit} [lindex [get_hw_devices] 0]
program_hw_devices [lindex [get_hw_devices] 0]
INFO: [Labtools 27-2154] Reading 3825883 bytes from file C:/HDS/sata_lib/vivado/sata_phy_test/sata_phy_test.runs/impl_1/sata_phy_test.bit...
INFO: [Labtools 27-32] Done pin status: HIGH
program_hw_devices: Time (s): cpu = 00:00:01 ; elapsed = 00:00:11 . Memory (MB): peak = 1909.504 ; gain = 0.000
refresh_hw_device [lindex [get_hw_devices] 0]
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Scholar
Scholar

Turns out that it was a clocking issue. I am driving the ILA and VIO from a GTP clock. The clocking was not quite correct so that was the issue.
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Moving to Correct Board
Regards,
Debraj
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos