UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Scholar beandigital
Scholar

Error when using debugging a design with an ILA and VIO

I have an Artix design in Vivado 2014.2. It has an ILA and VIO cores that I created using the IP catalog and instantiated in the design. When I program the board I get the following error. Can someone tell me what this means?

Thanks 

WARNING: [Labtools 27-147] vcse_server: No CseXsdb register file specified for CseXsdb slave type: 0, cse driver version: 0. Slave initialization skipped.
ERROR: [Labtools 27-147] vcse_server: Data structures not initialized for CseXsdb slave Device:0, user chain number/bus:1, slave index:0.
ERROR: [Labtools 27-1829] vcse_server failed during internal command 'CseXsdb_getRegisters'. See previous error messages.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Error when using debugging a design with an ILA and VIO

Hi

Sometime back in 11.s, These are spurious messages that can be ignored. The errors occur when the device is reset with a PROG pulse or Power Cycle and then a reconnect is attempted.  

To work around this issue, reconfigure the device. Can you check if this still helps with Vivado?

Regards

Sikta

0 Kudos
Scholar beandigital
Scholar

If I reprogram then it still doesnt work. Even worse the FPGA vanishes from the display. This only seems to have happened since I started using the VIO.

WARNING: [Labtools 27-147] vcse_server: No CseXsdb register file specified for CseXsdb slave type: 0, cse driver version: 17. Slave initialization skipped.
ERROR: [Labtools 27-147] vcse_server: Data structures not initialized for CseXsdb slave Device:0, user chain number/bus:1, slave index:0.
ERROR: [Labtools 27-1829] vcse_server failed during internal command 'CseXsdb_getRegisters'. See previous error messages.
set_property PROBES.FILE {C:/HDS/sata_lib/vivado/sata_phy_test/sata_phy_test.runs/impl_1/debug_nets.ltx} [lindex [get_hw_devices] 0]
set_property PROGRAM.FILE {C:/HDS/sata_lib/vivado/sata_phy_test/sata_phy_test.runs/impl_1/sata_phy_test.bit} [lindex [get_hw_devices] 0]
program_hw_devices [lindex [get_hw_devices] 0]
INFO: [Labtools 27-2154] Reading 3825883 bytes from file C:/HDS/sata_lib/vivado/sata_phy_test/sata_phy_test.runs/impl_1/sata_phy_test.bit...
INFO: [Labtools 27-32] Done pin status: HIGH
program_hw_devices: Time (s): cpu = 00:00:01 ; elapsed = 00:00:11 . Memory (MB): peak = 1909.504 ; gain = 0.000
refresh_hw_device [lindex [get_hw_devices] 0]
0 Kudos
Scholar beandigital
Scholar

Turns out that it was a clocking issue. I am driving the ILA and VIO from a GTP clock. The clocking was not quite correct so that was the issue.
0 Kudos

Moving to Correct Board
Regards,
Debraj
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos