Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

FPGA cannot connect to Cable

Jump to solution

When I used cable for the Program FPGA in the SDK, I found that I could not successfully download the bit.

n.JPG7.JPG

I am sure that my cable has no problems, the LED has turned green, and I have successfully connected to the board in Vivadoand can successfully download the bit

6.JPGHow do I program FPGA in the SDK?I also found that Program Fash Memory is the same situation, can not Detect device

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: FPGA cannot connect to Cable

Jump to solution

Cable which you have posted in the last post doesn't seems to be Xilinx original cable. Please use the Xilinx cable or Digilent JTAG cable and share the findings. 

dlc.JPG

Original cable 

originalcable.JPG

Thanks

Harshit

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Jump to solution

Hi Yangkejian, programming an FPGA with a bitstream can involve several components.  Let's start with some basics, even though this seems tedious.

Which FPGA board are you using.  Does it have a revision number?

Which version of Vivado and the SDK are you using?

What type of cable are you using?

Where are the ends of the cable connected?

Have you been able to program this FPGA with another design?

Have you been able to program a different FPGA with your currently installed Vivado and SDK?

I hope to hear from you soon.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Jump to solution

Which FPGA board are you using.  Does it have a revision number?           ZYNQ-7000    xc7z010clg400-1

Which version of Vivado and the SDK are you using?                                  2018.2 / 2017.4   Both versions have tried

Where are the ends of the cable connected?                                               One connected to the usb interface of the notebook, one connected to the boad

Have you been able to program this FPGA with another design?                 Tried multiple designs,and the situation is exactly the same

Have you been able to program a different FPGA with your currently installed Vivado and SDK?   As long as  need a cable,  can't Program FPGA.

What type of cable are you using? A.JPG

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Cable which you have posted in the last post doesn't seems to be Xilinx original cable. Please use the Xilinx cable or Digilent JTAG cable and share the findings. 

dlc.JPG

Original cable 

originalcable.JPG

Thanks

Harshit

Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Scholar
Scholar

Jump to solution

@yangkejian I love the strategically-positioned thumb to stop everyone seeing the missing "Xilinx" brand on that dodgy cable.

As has been said above, try getting a genuine cable (Digilent counts as genuine - the Digilent HS3 is not very expensive).

0 Kudos