Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Flash Programming Tool

Hi,

I started a project last year with Vivado 2017.2.  With that version, the FLASH programming utility only required a .bit file.  Later versions, such as 2017.4 and 2018.2 want an FSBL file as well.  That doesn't make sense to me because the bit generation part of the utility also asks for an FSBL file.  So, I have been unsuccessful at getting the FLASH programming utility in the later versions to work.  Can someone please explain what I am doing wrong or point me to a document that describes what steps are necessary?

Thanks,
Dan

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @dps

I believe you are performing configuration for Zynq FPGAs.

Starting with the 2017.3 release, Vivado Hardware Manager and XSDK require that you specify an FSBL to program a QSPI flash.

Check this AR#70148 for more information.

Regards,

Bhushan

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Regards,
Bhushan

Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Brushan,

I followed the steps outlined in the AR that you referenced but still have not been successful in programming my Zynq device.

Is there any more detailed information or examples that you could point me to?

Thanks,
Dan

0 Kudos