cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

How to set static IP address for SmartLynq Cable

I do not have DHCP server in my lab. Is there a way I can configure the static IP address of the SmartLynq Cable? I do not have local installation of Vivado IDE, but I can use one through the network. It can not access the cable without setting the proper IP for it. Thanks.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted

Hi @zhua,

You can assign an specific IP address for the SmartLynq cable by following the process in the document SmartLynq Data Cable User Guide – UG1258, pg. 20, Assigning a Static IP Address.

Please let me know if you have any questions or find any issues with the process.

Thank you,

Andre Guerrero

Product Applications Engineer

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Thanks for the doc. So I still need Vivado Too/Hardware Manager to do this, right? I currently only have the Vivado in a remote virtual Linux host. This Vivado will not be able to access the SmartLynq cable without changing its IP address first. It seems a chicken-egg issue. I might have to get a DHCP server in the network in order to use this device.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi @zhua,

Yes, you still need Vivado to make this modification.

Given your situation, you should download the Vivado Lab Solutions, which is free and and about 800MB in size.

You can quickly install that one in your local PC/Laptop, directly connect the SmartLynq cable to it using the provided USB cable, and then perform the update mentioned in the user guide.

Thank you,

Andre Guerrero

Product Applications Engineer

Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Will do. Thanks!

0 Kudos