UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Scholar helmutforren
Scholar

Increase ChipScope Pro Window Depth?

Please allow me to rephrase a prior question.  

BACKGROUND: I've now upgraded my stuff to ISE Design Studio 14.7.  The baseline works. I've integrated the original reference EDK design into ISE [Navigator].  I've generated the bitstream.  I've exported to SDK from Platform Studio.  I've compiled the elf from SDK and then programmed the FPGA with the bitstream and bmm file from the Navigator, while specifying the new elf.  In Chipscope Pro Analyzer, I've opened my JTAG Chain (digilent_plugin).  I've opened the original reference design Chipscope Pro project (a .cpj file).  I've run the trigger ("play" shaped button).  I've gotten a waveform in the Bus Plot.  I've modified the SDK software to make the waveform look a bit different, and I've seen that difference in ChipScope.  All is good so far with my 14.7 upgrade.

QUESTION: It's only showing 1024 samples in the Bus Plot.  I read it should be able to go up to 131,072 (128K).  How do I increase how much is being captured?  When I try to change the Trigger Setup / Capture / Window Depth, it won't allow anything greater than 1024.  In previous attempts, I *believe* I correctly modified the SDK for the ILA to have a bigger buffer, but it didn't make it through to this point.  Also, I've manually edited the .cpj file to have a 2048 window depth, but as soon as I open the project in ChipScope Pro, that gets reset to 1024.  I see such on the screen, and when I "Save As" the project and inspect, it's indeed back to 1024.

Thanks very much for your help.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Historian
Historian

Re: Increase ChipScope Pro Window Depth?

@helmutforren wrote:

Please allow me to rephrase a prior question.  

BACKGROUND: I've now upgraded my stuff to ISE Design Studio 14.7.  The baseline works. I've integrated the original reference EDK design into ISE [Navigator].  I've generated the bitstream.  I've exported to SDK from Platform Studio.  I've compiled the elf from SDK and then programmed the FPGA with the bitstream and bmm file from the Navigator, while specifying the new elf.  In Chipscope Pro Analyzer, I've opened my JTAG Chain (digilent_plugin).  I've opened the original reference design Chipscope Pro project (a .cpj file).  I've run the trigger ("play" shaped button).  I've gotten a waveform in the Bus Plot.  I've modified the SDK software to make the waveform look a bit different, and I've seen that difference in ChipScope.  All is good so far with my 14.7 upgrade.

QUESTION: It's only showing 1024 samples in the Bus Plot.  I read it should be able to go up to 131,072 (128K).  How do I increase how much is being captured?  When I try to change the Trigger Setup / Capture / Window Depth, it won't allow anything greater than 1024.  In previous attempts, I *believe* I correctly modified the SDK for the ILA to have a bigger buffer, but it didn't make it through to this point.  Also, I've manually edited the .cpj file to have a 2048 window depth, but as soon as I open the project in ChipScope Pro, that gets reset to 1024.  I see such on the screen, and when I "Save As" the project and inspect, it's indeed back to 1024.

Thanks very much for your help.

I just use the ChipScope Core Inserter from ISE, and it doesn't have any restrictions on the depth of the data buffer.

----------------------------Yes, I do this for a living.
0 Kudos