cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JTAG to AXI master IP

Hello,

I would like to know when the JTAG to AXI Master IP will be available for the Versal part?

Thanks,

Alexandros

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
sandrao
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @alexandros-kapouranis 

UG1273 states : "The JTAG-to-AXI soft debug IP is no longer offered as an option in the Versal ACAParchitecture. The DAP and DPC can be used to access AXI-based blocks in your design"

sandrao_0-1612202248985.png

Thanks,

Sandy

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

If starting with Versal take a look at our Versal Design Process Hub , Versal Blogs and the Versal Useful Resources .

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello,

Do I need to use Vitis to use DPC?

Thanks,

Alexandros

0 Kudos
sandrao
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @alexandros-kapouranis 

I have not used the DPC much yet myself but there are some good details in the TRM Chapter 80

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/architecture-manuals/am011-versal-acap-trm.pdf

"The DPC is part of the HSDP solution and allowsaccess to all debug resources including Arm CoreSight debug and trace and ChipScope" so Vitis is not a requirement for DPC. 

sandrao_0-1612472887163.png

Thanks,

Sandy

Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

If starting with Versal take a look at our Versal Design Process Hub , Versal Blogs and the Versal Useful Resources .

0 Kudos

Hello,

From the attached document, Figure 116: Host Debug Port Interfaces, the JTAG is connected to the arm_dap controller, so I suppose I should use Vitis?

Is there any example designs for HSDP with JTAG for versal?

Thanks,

Alexandros

0 Kudos
jiyabur
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

For Versal devices, JTAG-AXI functionality can be achieved with CIPS IP. Please enable LPD /FPD  (PS-PL interface) while customizing CIPS IP and connect your AXI slave. After programming the PDI, you can select the DPC or A72 targets in XSDB and perform mwr or mrd  

0 Kudos