UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor neaton
Visitor

License expiring despite permanent license

Jump to solution

I have ChipscopePro 14.6. The core inserter runs fine as does the waveform viewer. Translate gives the info message:

INFO:NgdBuild:1317 - Using core chipscope_ila_v1 requires a ChipScopePro
   license.  The following blocks are instances of core chipscope_ila_v1:
    /fc_test/U_ila_pro_0

It is an info, so normally I would ignore it, but it is followed by Map warnings on every single ILA pin:

WARNING:PhysDesignRules:367 - The signal <U_ila_pro_0/U0/iTRIG_IN<88>> is
   incomplete. The signal does not drive any load pins in the design.

This carries on into Bitgen. FPGA editor indicates that there is no ILA in my design. The license file shows that the version limit is 2014.10 and the expiration date is Permanent. My understanding is that I should be able to use chipscope pro, but am unable to download future updates. Is this a licensing issue or is there something else going on?

I am running ISE 14.6 64 bit on Windows 7 pro.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: License expiring despite permanent license

Jump to solution
Hi,

You have a valid license to use chipscope. Can you please regenerate the core and see if that helps.
Thanks,Vijay
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Instructor
Instructor

Jump to solution

If you think this is a licensing issue, you should open the Xilinx License manager.  You can open it from the ISE GUI under Help, or directly from the Start menu.  Usually license expiration issues occur if you have multiple licenses for the same software.  This might happen if you ever installed an evaluation license, or just had an older "permanent" license with a version limit that predates ISE 14.6.  While the newer license should take over, sometimes the older one gets scanned first and causes ISE to incorrectly use the out of date or expired licence instead of the valid one.  The license manager shows where the licenses come from (which license file) and usually removing the old offending file fixes the issue.

-- Gabor
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution
Hi,
Please post your xinfo for us to check your license status.
Thanks,Vijay
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
0 Kudos
Visitor neaton
Visitor

Jump to solution

xinfo attached

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution
Hi,

You have a valid license to use chipscope. Can you please regenerate the core and see if that helps.
Thanks,Vijay

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Visitor neaton
Visitor

Jump to solution

I had already done that but just to make sure I did it again after doing a clean of the project. It still issues a large number of warnings, but at least FPGA editor can find the ILA core. Thanks for confirming that my license is valid.

0 Kudos