cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor
Visitor

Missing XGD file

Jump to solution

I have a design targetting the xc7k160 FPGA using Vivado 2015.3 on Windows 7 64 bit.  The implementation flow succeeds.  When I go to open the timing report or open the implemented design, Vivado crashes.  I get an error message: "Xgd file 'xc7k160t.xgd' is missing.  Exiting Vivado..."

The file is present in the ...\data\parts\xilinx\kintex7\devint\kintex7\xc7k160t folder.

This problem only started appearing recently.  Any ideas on how to fix this?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Re: Missing XGD file

Jump to solution

I was able to fix it by deleting the .runs, .cache, .ip_user_files, .hw folders, and rebuilding the project file.  Just deleting the runs and other folders was not enough.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Scholar
Scholar

Jump to solution

@barry0727 Did you delete any of the files from installation? please copy this file to the location and give a try .

if this doesnt help then please reinstall the tool. 

-Pratham

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Jump to solution

I didn't delete any files.  Where should I put those files?  I don't see any similar files with _detail or _floorplan suffixes in my installation.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Scholar
Scholar

Jump to solution

@barry0727 Paste it here

C:\Xilinx\Vivado\2015.3\data\parts\xilinx\kintex7\devint\kintex7\xc7k160t

-Pratham

Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Jump to solution

I tried pasting then files as you suggested.  That did not work - I got the same exception.  I then tried uninstalling (checking to see that the Vivado files were deleted), then reinstalling.  I still got the same missing xgd file exception.

The problem is design dependent.  I have a similar branch of the design, also targeting the xc7k160t that does not crash when the implementation is loaded.  I haven't diff'ed the project files yet, but I intend to check to see whether something jumps out.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Jump to solution

I was able to fix it by deleting the .runs, .cache, .ip_user_files, .hw folders, and rebuilding the project file.  Just deleting the runs and other folders was not enough.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Scholar
Scholar

Jump to solution

@barry0727 Glad to know. Please close this thread.

-Pratham

0 Kudos