Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

No start light appears when connecting DLC10 Platform Cable II - Vivado 2015.4

Jump to solution

Hello everyone,

I'm currently trying to program the PL of a Zynq-7000 with the Xilinx Platform Cable II (DLC10), but I am unable to make it work. I can't even see its turned on light.

I've read several post where this problem is solved removing Jungo driver from my PC, but I have already tried it with no positive result. I'm working with Vivado 2015.4 although I also encountered this problem while working with 2015.3.

Can anyone give me any advice? 

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Re: No start light appears when connecting DLC10 Platform Cable II - Vivado 2015.4

Jump to solution

Hello pratham,

first of all thanks for your rapid response and your advice.

I've just found the solution. The problem was related to the USB ports located at the front of my CPU. They work properly when I program the PL through the micro-USB port. However, I don't know why, but in order to use the DLC10 I need to use the USB ports located at the back of my PC. Know everything is OK.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Scholar
Scholar

Re: No start light appears when connecting DLC10 Platform Cable II - Vivado 2015.4

Jump to solution

@manu1210  When there is driver issue you should see the LED on (Not green though). Could be cable issue not sure.

Can you try once again to install drivers by following these stpes?

http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/44397.html

AR talks about the ISE but same goes for vivado. In case you are looking here are the steps to uninstall and reinstall. Please make sure you open the command prompt using run as administrator option

In a command prompt browse to your "C:\Xilinx\<Vivado Version>\data\xicom\cable_drivers\nt64" directory on 64-bit installs

To uninstall type the command:

wdreg -compat -inf %cd%\windrvr6.inf uninstall

To reinstall type the command:

wdreg -compat -inf %cd%\windrvr6.inf install

-Pratham

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Jump to solution

Hello pratham,

first of all thanks for your rapid response and your advice.

I've just found the solution. The problem was related to the USB ports located at the front of my CPU. They work properly when I program the PL through the micro-USB port. However, I don't know why, but in order to use the DLC10 I need to use the USB ports located at the back of my PC. Know everything is OK.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos