UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contributor
Contributor

Platform Cable USB II

Jump to solution

Hi,

I'm designing a board with Zynq XC7Z007S-1CLG400C and need to make provision for JTAG programming/debug.  I want to use Xilinx's Platform Cable USB II but I'm not sure of the following:

1) Where do I connect the "HALT" signal?  Does it go to PS_SRST_B_501?

2) The system will be powered.  Do I still need to connect VREF to my board?  If so, to what voltage?

Thanks in advance for your help!

-Dan

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Scholar pratham
Scholar

Re: Platform Cable USB II

Jump to solution

@dps  https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/data_sheets/ds593.pdf

-Pratham

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

forum.JPG
4 Replies
Scholar pratham
Scholar

Jump to solution
#1 No.
#2 Check the datasheet.

You may refer ZC702 or ZC706 schematic as a reference.
-Pratham

Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

0 Kudos
Contributor
Contributor

Jump to solution

Hi Pratham,

Thanks for the reply.  Page 23 of the datasheet says that Vivado does not support the use of HALT.  But if I was using some other debug environment (Impact) that supported it, I'm still not sure where to connect HALT.  The schematics that you pointed me to are not easy to follow.

It sounds like I don't need this signal for my application, but I'd still like to know what other people typically do with this signal.

Thanks,

Dan

0 Kudos
Scholar pratham
Scholar

Jump to solution

@dps  https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/data_sheets/ds593.pdf

-Pratham

View solution in original post

forum.JPG
Contributor
Contributor

Jump to solution

Hi Pratham,

Thanks for your help!

Dan

0 Kudos