UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adventurer
Adventurer

Possible bug in Vivado 2019.1 ILA dashboard? Bit ranges selectable but waveforms not viewable

Hi,

I am trying to view the input of a OSERDESE3 block in Vivado 2019.1 in ILA.

When I try to bring the each 1-bit probe into the waveform window by right-clicking and selecting Add Probes to Waveform, only bit [3:3] is added to the waveform window. If I select bit 0/slice [0:0], [3:3] is added to the window. If I select bit 2/slice [2:2], etc., another copy of [3:3] is added to the window.

Has anyone see this? Is this how ILA is supposed to work somehow and I'm just misunderstanding?

Or is this a bug? Is there a work-around?

Thanks,

can only add but 3_3.png

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Observer sarman_1998
Observer

Re: Possible bug in Vivado 2019.1 ILA dashboard? Bit ranges selectable but waveforms not viewable

I've seen this on 2018.3 occasionally.  Try regenerating the probe file (.ltx).  

Checkout this thread for details on how to do that: https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Design-Tools-Others/how-to-prevent-Vivado-debug-from-splitting-buses-into-several/m-p/1016333#M13981