Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Programming devices

Hello,

I've designed a Coolrunner II CPLD with ISE design suite release 14.5.

Now we are ready to program the CPLD via JTAG in our producrtion department. For programming we use the programmer model DLC10 from Xilinx (platform cable USB II). Now we want to install the programming tool for programming but the ISE design suite 14.5 consumes very huge disk space, thereby only the iMPACT tool just requires very less disk space (the only tool the production department should use). On the support site I can't find a standalone iMPACT tool for version 14.5 to download. Therefore I've found a programming tool for version 11.4. Is it suitable to use this tool for programming devices which are developed in a release 14.5 environment. If not is there a better solution to only install a programming tool without the need for the very huge design suite.

Reagrds,

Harry

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Programming devices

Since the Coolrunner II CPLD programming is supported in ISE11.4 also, you could use the programming tool for version 11.4...

If you want to use programming tool for later versions...check for "Lab tools" in the Xilinx downloads site..
http://www.xilinx.com/support/download/index.htm
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to reply, give kudo and accept as solution
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

"Lab tools" version is best option. It consume less disk space and you can able to use Impact tools

Please mark this post as an "Accept as solution" in case if it helped to resolve your query. So that it will help to other forum users to directly refer to the answer.

Give kudos to this post in case if you think the information is useful and reply oriented.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Hello,

Thanks for the quick response. I've seen the download for labtools, but do I realy need to install a software tool which consumes about 1 Gb diskspace while I only need a application of about 22 kB (excl .dll's and dricers), so I've got a lot of overhead of tools which is never used. Is there during installation a checkbox facility available to choose which (sub)tool you wish to install?

Regards,

Harry

0 Kudos