cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Question about net/slice naming in Vivado/ILA

I am placing debug probes on a 4-bit bus in my synthesized design in Vivado 2019.1.

Based on my netlist in the Synthesis flow and my Capture Setup panel in ILA, I have selected the followng nets for observation (see picture):

• top_i/lcd/Flex_LCD_Controller_0/U0/ultra_ali3_controller_core_l/videoout/gearbox_28to4/txc_piso/tx_data_reg_n_0_[0:0]
  • top_i/lcd/Flex_LCD_Controller_0/U0/ultra_ali3_controller_core_l/videoout/gearbox_28to4/txc_piso/tx_data_reg_n_0_[1:1]
  • top_i/lcd/Flex_LCD_Controller_0/U0/ultra_ali3_controller_core_l/videoout/gearbox_28to4/txc_piso/tx_data_reg_n_0_[2:2]
  • top_i/lcd/Flex_LCD_Controller_0/U0/ultra_ali3_controller_core_l/videoout/gearbox_28to4/txc_piso/tx_data_reg_n_0_[3:3]

However, in ILA, when I add these nets from the Capture Setup to the Waveform window, they ALL show up as

• tx_data_reg_n_0_[3:3]

and the waveforms are identical; it does look like the bit 3 is the only one being displayed, and Vivado is, for some reason, ignoring bits 0, 1, 2.

can only add but 3_3.png

Am I misunderstanding their net naming? How can I view bits 0-2?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted

Hi @joelschad,

Instead of adding the nets from the Capture Setup (as in your image) could you please click on the "+" button in the waveform viewer and add the probes from there? Does that make any difference?

ILA_add_probes_GUI.png

In addition, what version of Vivado are you using? I will investigate if there was any issue with that specific version.

Thanks,

Andre Guerrero

Product Applications Engineer

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

This problem occurs no matter how I add the nets.

I am using Vivado 2019.1.

0 Kudos