UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Question about net/slice naming in Vivado/ILA

I am placing debug probes on a 4-bit bus in my synthesized design in Vivado 2019.1.

Based on my netlist in the Synthesis flow and my Capture Setup panel in ILA, I have selected the followng nets for observation (see picture):

• top_i/lcd/Flex_LCD_Controller_0/U0/ultra_ali3_controller_core_l/videoout/gearbox_28to4/txc_piso/tx_data_reg_n_0_[0:0]
  • top_i/lcd/Flex_LCD_Controller_0/U0/ultra_ali3_controller_core_l/videoout/gearbox_28to4/txc_piso/tx_data_reg_n_0_[1:1]
  • top_i/lcd/Flex_LCD_Controller_0/U0/ultra_ali3_controller_core_l/videoout/gearbox_28to4/txc_piso/tx_data_reg_n_0_[2:2]
  • top_i/lcd/Flex_LCD_Controller_0/U0/ultra_ali3_controller_core_l/videoout/gearbox_28to4/txc_piso/tx_data_reg_n_0_[3:3]

However, in ILA, when I add these nets from the Capture Setup to the Waveform window, they ALL show up as

• tx_data_reg_n_0_[3:3]

and the waveforms are identical; it does look like the bit 3 is the only one being displayed, and Vivado is, for some reason, ignoring bits 0, 1, 2.

can only add but 3_3.png

Am I misunderstanding their net naming? How can I view bits 0-2?

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Re: Question about net/slice naming in Vivado/ILA

Hi @joelschad,

Instead of adding the nets from the Capture Setup (as in your image) could you please click on the "+" button in the waveform viewer and add the probes from there? Does that make any difference?

ILA_add_probes_GUI.png

In addition, what version of Vivado are you using? I will investigate if there was any issue with that specific version.

Thanks,

Andre Guerrero

Product Applications Engineer

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Re: Question about net/slice naming in Vivado/ILA

This problem occurs no matter how I add the nets.

I am using Vivado 2019.1.

0 Kudos