UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer jvoven
Observer

Re: fails to load include Zynq7 Processing System IP in block design

Jump to solution

@xilinxacct @stephenm

Thank you for your suggestions. So far I did not had any progress on this. I will clearly describe the steps I undertook to get to this point so maybe you can reproduce it.

1. I installed a fresh copy of window 10 professional 64 bit from this link (https://www.microsoft.com/software-download/windows10).

2. I updated my windows to the newest version using windows updater. I now run version 1809, OS build 17763.195

3. Download the latest Vivado 2018.3 web installer.

4. I install Vivado webpack edition using all the default settings.

5. I create a new empty project with a zynq 7 series device (tried multiple ones, all give same result)

6. I create a new empty block design.

7. I press the '+' icon to add IP and select the zynq 7 series processing system

8. I see the following error message:

create_bd_cell -type ip -vlnv xilinx.com:ip:processing_system7:5.5 processing_system7_0
WARNING: [IP_Flow 19-3331] Invalid parameters found in dependency constraints of 'ADDRBLOCK_RANGE.S_AXI_ACP.ACP_QSPI_LINEAR'
WARNING: [IP_Flow 19-3331] Invalid parameters found in dependency constraints of 'ADDRBLOCK_RANGE.S_AXI_ACP.ACP_QSPI_LINEAR'
WARNING: [IP_Flow 19-3553] Error found in parameter dependencies in XGUI files.
ERROR: [IP_Flow 19-3428] Failed to create Customization object design_1_processing_system7_0_0
CRITICAL WARNING: [IP_Flow 19-973] Failed to create IP instance 'design_1_processing_system7_0_0'. Error during customization.
ERROR: [BD 41-1712] Create IP failed with errors
ERROR: [BD 5-7] Error: running create_bd_cell -vlnv xilinx.com:ip:processing_system7:5.5 -type ip -name processing_system7_0 .
ERROR: [Common 17-39] 'create_bd_cell' failed due to earlier errors.

To exclude problems with my hardware, I tried the same on a virtual system on another system. This results in the same error message.

Since I have nothing else installed on my system, the problems suggest an incompatibility between the latest Windows 10 and Vivado. I also tried older versions of Vivado, which gave me the same error.

Your help is much appreciated. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Observer jvoven
Observer

Jump to solution

This problem is solved by installing an older build of windows 10. After reinstalling my pc with Windows 10 pro 64 bit, Version 1803, OS build 17134.472 the problem is gone. Since Xilinx states that Windows 10 1809 is supported, I consider this as a bug.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Observer jvoven
Observer

Jump to solution

This problem is solved by installing an older build of windows 10. After reinstalling my pc with Windows 10 pro 64 bit, Version 1803, OS build 17134.472 the problem is gone. Since Xilinx states that Windows 10 1809 is supported, I consider this as a bug.

0 Kudos
Visitor yaacov
Visitor

Jump to solution

I have the exact same issue, also on Win 10 1809. I've got no easy way to get my computer back to 1803. Any other solution/workaround ?

0 Kudos
Visitor yaacov
Visitor

Jump to solution

I tried agin on the same computer and now it's working! Probably fixed by Microsoft on a subequent update.

Bram optimization also used to cause an exception but it's working now as well.

0 Kudos