cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simple tool to program ELF microcontroller code

Hi, I was wondering if anybody had a recommendation for a simple tool that I can use to take an already compiled ELF file and load it into an FPGA that is ready.   I am currently doing this with the XSDB tool in the SDK\bin folder, but I was wondering if there was a better one.   I am looking to avoid having to load up the SDK tool if possible.

Thanks.

Tim

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Scholar
Scholar

Re: Simple tool to program ELF microcontroller code

@tim_severance You could use xsct in non-interactive (script) mode.

Page 72 on UG1208

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2016_2/ug1208-xsct-reference-guide.pdf

vitorian.com --- We do this for fun. Always give kudos. Accept as solution if your question was answered.
I will not answer to personal messages - use the forums instead.
xsct_script.png
Highlighted

@hbucher,

Thanks, this is definitely an alternative, but seems to have many more lines to execute than what I was doing in XSDB.   I guess I was hoping for more of a graphical tool if possible, though I know I didn't specify that in my initial post.   Thanks for the info though, this will definitely work!

Tim

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Scholar
Scholar

@tim_severance Number of lines does not matter. You just write them into a script file and source it from command line. 

vitorian.com --- We do this for fun. Always give kudos. Accept as solution if your question was answered.
I will not answer to personal messages - use the forums instead.
0 Kudos