Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Prasanna_K
Explorer
Explorer

Trigger ILA based on AXI signals in TSM [ILA]

Hello,

I am trying to compare two AXI signals ARADDR(40 bit) and RDATA(128 bit) together in a conditional statement, where ARADDR and RADTA have same values, I know these signals have different sizes 128 and 40 bit.  But I want to compare these two signals and trigger ILA when their data doesn't match.

So I want to understand, How do I compare these two signals?

1. Is there a way to concatenate and make 40 bit ARADDR to 128 bit?

2. Or convert 128 bit data to 40 bit just for comparison?

3. How to compare RDATA(40 bit) with a ARADDR(40 bit), I have sliced the RDATA width from 128 bit to 40 bit? I have copied the code below(CODE 1).

4. How to compare RDATA(16 bit) with a counter value(16 bit), I have sliced the RDATA width from 128 bit to 16 bit? I have copied the code below(CODE 2).

My code and the error have been copied below. 

Code:

CODE 1: Comparing 2 AXI signals:

state byte_read_1:
 if (bd_design_0_i/system_ila_0/inst/net_slot_1_axi_rdata != bd_design_0_i/system_ila_0/inst/net_slot_1_axi_araddr) then   
  trigger;
 else
  goto byte_read_1;
 endif

Error:

[Labtools 27-2053] Error encountered during parse: syntax error, unexpected IDENTIFIER 'bd_design_0_i/system_ila_0/inst/net_slot_1_axi_araddr' ["/mnt/work/kotrappa/zip_fpga/zip_ip/project_1/txns.tsm":7]

CODE 2: Comparing AXI signal with counter:

state byte_read_0:
 reset_counter $counter1;  
 goto byte_read_1;

state byte_read_1:
 if ($counter1 != bd_design_0_i/system_ila_1/inst/probe1_1 ) then    
  trigger;
 else
  increment_counter $counter1;
  goto byte_read_1;
 endif

Error:

[Labtools 27-2053] Error encountered during parse: syntax error, unexpected IDENTIFIER 'bd_design_0_i/system_ila_1/inst/probe1_1', expecting BINARY_CONSTANT or HEX_CONSTANT or INTEGER_CONSTANT or DONT_CARE_CONSTANT ["/mnt/work/kotrappa/zip_fpga/zip_ip/project_1/txns.tsm":6]

Any suggestion would be gratefully received.

Regards,

Prasanna

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
0 Replies