cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Scholar
Scholar

Trouble adding gpio to blink LED

Jump to solution

I've attached a zip of my project (too big? removed by system?).  I also have a version just prior to the most recent work.  Windows 7.  Avnet SP6LX16 dev kit.

I had a working project, then went to add a gpio to blink an LED.  From XPS, I added an xps_gpio and gave it a name of LED1.  I set up the ports and generated addresses.  I exported to the SDK.  Over in the SDK, I have a project built from hello world.  There's a platform.c.  I want to write code to initialize the gpio, but I discover an expected #define is missing. From other examples, I know it should be defined in xparameters.h.  But when I look at xparameters.h, it's not there.

Specifically, in xparameters.h I find a bunch of references to text "ADC_READY".  This is an xps_gpio that previously existed in the project.  Now I have another named "LED1", and I expect to find similar references to this text.  But I don't.  Furthermore, there's a #define for XPAR_ADC_READY_BASEADDR.  Why can't I find a #define for XPAR_LED1_BASEADDR?  From the SDK, I find Processor_hw_platform / system.xml which refers to led1.  I do find system.mss that refers to led1 but doesn't show a gpio driver for it as does the reference to adc_ready.  I think this is related to my problem.

What am I missing?  Did my export to SDK not properly connect up?  It did for ADC_READY when I first built this project from scratch.  Did I need to manually copy something?  My XPS is in a ...\8_BlinkLEDs\Processor folder, while the SDK is in a parallel ...8_BlinkLEDs\SDK folder.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Scholar
Scholar

I found it in plain hidden sight.  MSS file is no longer in XPS, and I don't have one, and when I tried to put one into XPS it refused.  Instead, I find it in SDK (Project Explorer / Name_dsp / system.mss).  Double click on it.  That's were I saw led1 with no driver beside it.  Now I see button to "Modify this BSP's Settings".  Click it, navigate to Overview / drivers, see red "none" for led1 driver.  Click on it and choose gpio from dropdown box.  Tool automatically rebuilds something.  Now I view xparameters.h and find LED1.  Yippie!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Scholar
Scholar

I found it in plain hidden sight.  MSS file is no longer in XPS, and I don't have one, and when I tried to put one into XPS it refused.  Instead, I find it in SDK (Project Explorer / Name_dsp / system.mss).  Double click on it.  That's were I saw led1 with no driver beside it.  Now I see button to "Modify this BSP's Settings".  Click it, navigate to Overview / drivers, see red "none" for led1 driver.  Click on it and choose gpio from dropdown box.  Tool automatically rebuilds something.  Now I view xparameters.h and find LED1.  Yippie!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Scholar
Scholar

Oh my God!  The LED is blinking!  And it only took TWO WEEKS.  Movie attached.

I've been doing this **** for 39 years.  It shouldn't have taken two weeks get up to this creeping speed level.  Next, I need to get the DAC/ADC of the original 12.2 reference design working, now that I have *something* working in 14.7.  Then I'll be where I should have been after two days.

0 Kudos