Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hallo32
Visitor
Visitor

Using Vivado with Spartan3e

Hello,

based on this page it should be possible to use Vivando in combination with the spartan3e to synthesize high level design to the RTL level.

Can any one link me to an tutorial/pdf/video or something else where the workflow is descript?

The way over "new project" gives my only the option to choose between the Series 7 devices from xilinx.

Using the 30 day eval license of Vivado System Studio.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
ywu
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Spartan3e is only supported in Vivado HLS not the main Vivado design suite. You will also need a special HLS license to use the high level synthesis tool for non 7 series devices.

@hallo32 wrote:

Hello,

based on this page it should be possible to use Vivando in combination with the spartan3e to synthesize high level design to the RTL level.

Can any one link me to an tutorial/pdf/video or something else where the workflow is descript?

The way over "new project" gives my only the option to choose between the Series 7 devices from xilinx.

Using the 30 day eval license of Vivado System Studio.

Cheers,
Jim
0 Kudos
hallo32
Visitor
Visitor

Thank you for the response.

Also if I execute Vivado HLS I get only the choose for models of the 7 series if I choose new project.

There are no license error if I start the Vivado HLS version. It seems, that this also covered through the 30 day trial license I'm using now.

Vivado_HLS.png

0 Kudos
lafatpav

Hello,

same problem here. In our school we use Spartan3E boards, but they are not supported within the latest Vivado. However, on the other hand, since the PCs in our laboratories run mainly MS Win8.1 or Win10, ISE is no longer available. Is there any solution to this?

0 Kudos
squallseeker
Visitor
Visitor

I am running ISE 14.7 Webpack successfully on Win 10. The links listed after install will reference the 64-bit install tools (which don't work) and you just need to navigate and run the 32-bit tools or set proper paths to them if accessing via external software such as Altium (though that remote link will only work reliably through Designer 16).
0 Kudos