Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor
Visitor

Vivado 2018 Device Properties

Jump to solution

Hi Guys, 

Just recently upgrade to Vivado 2018. Try to flash the QSPI on ZYBO board.

Had a hard time to find the Configuration Modes from two of my computer:

Here is the Device Properties from UG908 Manual 2018.1, it has the Configuration and Configuration Modes Option.

1.png

Here is my computer, it doesn't comes with those options, I could not setup QSPI flash frequency and Modes. Anyone could help me why?

2.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Taisen,

I am surprised the Zybo does not detail this in their guides a little more. Zybo is a Zynq board and Zynq is a SOC device, not an FPGA. Aside from what is there, usually the standard JTAG, the device properties tab you are opening in Vivado is not for SOCs. You need to create and select these options in your block design under IP integrator for your embedded project... In there you will find the PS peripherals including the QUAD SPI. Set up the IOs for QSPI and that should be that until you get to SDK for the actual software development. You will see a small black checkmark next to the boot mode that is currently selected.

Xilinx has multiple guides that you should read into. For example, like this page has many good resources. Also our embedded design methodology guide, this does a good overall job of designing with Zynq SOCs.

ZynqProSys.JPG

Zynqprosys2.JPG

Regards,

T

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

View solution in original post

Tags (1)
6 Replies
Mentor
Mentor

Click on the configuration tab on the left side..   There's also a button for "Advanced" which gives the more obscure properties.

Don't forget to close a thread when possible by accepting a post as a solution.
0 Kudos
Visitor
Visitor

Thanks for the replay, could you give me a screen shot for this, I could not see any 3.png

0 Kudos
Mentor
Mentor

How very odd..  it must be context dependent, because I see this sort of configuration screen:

config.png

Don't forget to close a thread when possible by accepting a post as a solution.
0 Kudos
Visitor
Visitor

That is no way... I using the board files from digilent for my zybo board, and create a sample project with only clock and LED constraints, which I could not see those options, I have another computer, with same fresh Vivado Installation, same issue, could not see those options, and which means I could not flash my QSPI...

0 Kudos

Taisen,

I am surprised the Zybo does not detail this in their guides a little more. Zybo is a Zynq board and Zynq is a SOC device, not an FPGA. Aside from what is there, usually the standard JTAG, the device properties tab you are opening in Vivado is not for SOCs. You need to create and select these options in your block design under IP integrator for your embedded project... In there you will find the PS peripherals including the QUAD SPI. Set up the IOs for QSPI and that should be that until you get to SDK for the actual software development. You will see a small black checkmark next to the boot mode that is currently selected.

Xilinx has multiple guides that you should read into. For example, like this page has many good resources. Also our embedded design methodology guide, this does a good overall job of designing with Zynq SOCs.

ZynqProSys.JPG

Zynqprosys2.JPG

Regards,

T

Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

View solution in original post

Tags (1)
Visitor
Visitor

0 Kudos