UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Where and how to buy the ChipScope?

Jump to solution

Hi,

I am using the ISE WebPack targeting an Spartan-6. I want to buy the ChipScope License but TBH I don't know how to do this.

The XILINX Online Store, as described in this posting, returns a 404. DigiKey lists the ChipScope, but marked it as "Obsolete" and I can not buy it. Where can I get the license and is there something I am missing?

kind regards,

Christian

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Where and how to buy the ChipScope?

Jump to solution

@hardwareheini,

Please regenerate the license using steps given in this AR so that the Chipscope_pro feature gets added to your license:
https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/36136.html

Thanks,
Nupur
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (click on the 'thumbs-up' button).

View solution in original post

14 Replies

Jump to solution

Hi @hardwareheini,

If your device is supported in webpack then you can use chipscope for free.

It's included in webpack license.

Please go through https://www.xilinx.com/products/design-tools/ise-design-suite/ise-webpack.html

Thanks,
Arpan
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1.JPG
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

@hardwareheini,

No purchased license is needed.

Thanks,
Nupur
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (click on the 'thumbs-up' button).
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution
check this ARs
https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/36493.html
https://www.xilinx.com/support/download/index.html/content/xilinx/en/downloadNav/design-tools/v2012_4---14_7.html
Thanks and Regards
Balkrishan
Please mark the post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helped resolve your query.
Give kudos in case a post in case it guided to the solution.
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

@nupurs and @arpansur Thanks for the quick answer, this would be very nice if I don't have to buy the CS.

However I get the message in the attachement when I insert an CS Core into my design in ISE. My License seems to be expired. Is there a way to reset this?

kind regards,

Christian

cs.png
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

@hardwareheini,

Please post your license file here.

Which device are you using?

Thanks,
Nupur
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

@nupurs I am targeting an XC6SLX16-2FTG256

kind regards,

Christian

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

@hardwareheini,

Please regenerate the license using steps given in this AR so that the Chipscope_pro feature gets added to your license:
https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/36136.html

Thanks,
Nupur

View solution in original post

Jump to solution

Hi @hardwareheini,

This device is supported in webpack. But the chipscope features are missing in the license. May be you generated the license before these features are added in webpack. So please try @nupurs suggestions to regenerate the license to include these features. 

Thanks,
Arpan
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Jump to solution

@nupurs, @arpansur, @balkris Thanks very much for your help, guys! I deleted the License from my Online License Manager, created the new one and now ChipScope is running perfectly.

kind regards,

Christian

0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

I am going through the same scenario, it isn't obvious which licence I need to get.

Do I need to delete my old licence from the "Manage Licences" tab? I have aquired 8 over the years and have deleted 3, I am unable to delete any more:
"Sorry, you have exceeded the maximum number of allowed license key regeneration operations. Please submit a Service Request from the Xilinx Web Portal for further assistance."

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi @btrac,

Please create a new thread in Installation and licensing board with your query.

Thanks,
Arpan

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

@btrac.

Raise a non-technical service request here: https://www.xilinx.com/support.html#serviceportal

Thanks,
Nupur
0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

I've requested service portal access so now it's just a waiting game. I'll see how this pans out, cheers :)

0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

Request denied! Seems I didn't register with a corporate email address. Xilinx, please fix the license delete function, Google suggests this has been a problem for years!

Meanwhile, I will have to create a new account :(

0 Kudos