UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor simonrix
Visitor

encryption key wrapping

Jump to solution

Hello Everyone,

I am trying to find out some information on the key wrapping algorithm used in the bitstream key rolling as I cannot seem to find this anywhere. I am assuming a AES based KEK such as NIST Special Publication 800-38F - December 2012 but would appreciate being able to confirm this. I am not sure which is the best forum to ask this on and would appreciate a pointer as I have other questions about how I can secure a design in cloud solutions such as Alveo.

Regards Simon

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: encryption key wrapping

Jump to solution

Hi @simonrix,

The encryption process is based on AES-256 GCM bitstream encryption.

You can find an overview of the encryption process in the video UltraScale+ Security Lock Before you Leave  and in more details on the document UltraScale Architecture Configuration - UG570, Chapter 8.

In a similar manner, when creating an application for the Alveo boards, you can encryption the RTL kernels before its packaged for use with SDx.

Thanks,

Andre Guerrero

Product Applications Engineer

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
0 Kudos
4 Replies

Jump to solution

Hi @simonrix,

The encryption process is based on AES-256 GCM bitstream encryption.

You can find an overview of the encryption process in the video UltraScale+ Security Lock Before you Leave  and in more details on the document UltraScale Architecture Configuration - UG570, Chapter 8.

In a similar manner, when creating an application for the Alveo boards, you can encryption the RTL kernels before its packaged for use with SDx.

Thanks,

Andre Guerrero

0 Kudos
Visitor simonrix
Visitor

Jump to solution

Thank you, I will read and revert with further questions thereafter if any.

0 Kudos
Visitor simonrix
Visitor

Jump to solution

Hello Andre,

Thank you, I have read the suggested documentation and have a further question I would rather not ask on an open forum. I would be grateful if you can let me have an email address to send it to directly please?

regards Simon

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi @simonrix,

If you already have already acquired a Xilinx device, you may have dedicated Field or Sales Engineer from Xilinx (or from Avnet). If that's the case,would you please contact and request them to open an SR with Xilinx? that way, your questions will be forwarded straight to a Xilinx employee who is an expert in Encryption.

if you do not have a contact yet, please send me a private message her on the Forums and I'll try to help you.

Thanks!

Andre Guerrero

0 Kudos