UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adventurer
Adventurer

open a webcase

I tried to open a webcase but xilinx apparently doesn't allow this anymore, referring me to the forum.

What am I supposed to do now? I got a project going, a XST synthesizer crashing with message "INTERNAL ERROR: please contact support and open a webcase".

The joke is really on you xilinx. Come to think that I've chosen xilinx because the support used to be excellent.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: open a webcase

Hi,

Please check this link on a similar discussion - http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/New-Users-Forum/WebCase-support-no-longer-available-to-some-users/td-p/329925.

Note that you can expect the same kind of support in the forums now. However note that such issues of fatal error(and bug reporting) can also be brought to forums where you can get the appropriate support based on the test case.

Thanks,
Anirudh

PS: Please MARK this as an answer in case it helped resolve your query.Give kudos in case the post guided you to a solution.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer billbracken
Observer

athandar,

With all due respect I believe that I have one or two posts that have not been completely answered and after a couple of responses, the replies stop coming.  I was also under the impression that a Xilinx employee was supposed to be assigned my posts, which it's not clear that has happened.

bb

0 Kudos
Scholar dwisehart
Scholar

I have to agree.  The simple and some not-so-simple requests get answered quickly, which is very helpful.  But some of the requests which take digging, go unanswered for weeks at a time and apparently dissapear from the radar unless you keep bringing them back up again.

A two-step process would be nice: first the forum and then, in the few cases where the request is reasonable and there is no easy answer, to a web case where it gets assigned to someone and can be tracked across time.  

I think there is a third category here where you find a bug or a needed change in documentation, someone at Xilinx realizes what is needed and takes care of it, but there is no notification so it appears the posting has been forgotten.  It would be very nice if one or more forum postings could be tied to a work ticket that we could see.

When I tell management that no, my forum posting on a problem has received no replies, they ask me, "Why don't we use a competitor's FPGA's?  Maybe their support is better."  So I stop telling them about the problems I see.  I keep hoping support here will evolve into something even better.

0 Kudos