cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kensou
Explorer
Explorer

problem with iMPACT and SPI flash

Hello everybody, I have a project for Spartan-6 FPGA, I had to program ita via .mcs connecting the FPGA with an SPI FLAHS, the SST 64 Mbit SPI Serial Dual I/O Flash SST25VF064C. But as I try to add the Flash ROM in iMPACT, I can't find anywhere the SST25VF064C in the avavilable devices!

There's a way to "extend" the list of SPI ROM for having the compatibility i need? Maybe a library or something similar... Thank you very much!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
eteam00
Instructor
Instructor

Suggest you open a webcase for Xilinx support on this problem.

-- Bob Elkind

SIGNATURE:
README for newbies is here: http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/New-Users-Forum/README-first-Help-for-new-users/td-p/219369

Summary:
1. Read the manual or user guide. Have you read the manual? Can you find the manual?
2. Search the forums (and search the web) for similar topics.
3. Do not post the same question on multiple forums.
4. Do not post a new topic or question on someone else's thread, start a new thread!
5. Students: Copying code is not the same as learning to design.
6 "It does not work" is not a question which can be answered. Provide useful details (with webpage, datasheet links, please).
7. You are not charged extra fees for comments in your code.
8. I am not paid for forum posts. If I write a good post, then I have been good for nothing.
0 Kudos
jimbalaia
Visitor
Visitor

Did you ever get an answer to this question.

I find myself in needing to program the SST25VF064C memory chip attached to a Spartan 6 device.  I can't find any information about how to perform this operation successfully.  The board is already designed and built, and I had no input into the design.

Thanks

Jim

0 Kudos