UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

Can't connect HLS image_filter example in BlockDesign, input and output streams are both outputs

Highlighted

Can't connect HLS image_filter example in BlockDesign, input and output streams are both outputs

I'm using this example in github to make a very simple image filter, and I can synthesize and generate the IP, but I can't connect it in an AXI stream in Block Design. The INPUT_STREAM and OUTPUT_STREAM ports are both AXI output streams, it looks like. Just as a sanity check, I can't even connect the input directly to the output, since the ports are identical.

In all the examples I see, the AXI stream is defined as

typedef hls::stream<ap_axiu<32,1,1,1> >           AXI_STREAM;

and the ports as 

#pragma HLS INTERFACE axis depth=10000 port=INPUT_STREAM bundle=VIDEO_IN
#pragma HLS INTERFACE axis depth=10000 port=OUTPUT_STREAM bundle=VIDEO_OUT

I can't find any information about the bundle=video_in any bundle definitions, where are these defined?

How can this ever work, if the input and output are defined as the same <ap_axiu> type?

Scholar

Re: Can't connect HLS image_filter example in BlockDesign, input and output streams are both outputs

If HLS is building the INPUT_STREAM as an output port, then it's got something wrong. Is your code exactly the same as the Github one? I've never seen HLS make that sort of mistake before.