UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer dr_jjrussell
Observer

Directives Pane of GUI h

At some point today I synthesized and got weird results. I found the directive pane completely empty, no directives, no outline, no nothing. This had been fine for weeks on end.  I have tried exiting and restarting without results.

All the directives are in the soource file (as opposed to different solutions files). With no outline, I can't even add them back in by hand.

JJRussell

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Directives Pane of GUI h

Hi @dr_jjrussell

Which HLS version are you using? Can you share a test case here?

Did you try creating a new project with all the source files  and test bench files?

Thanks
Bharath
--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------
Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided addresses your query/concern.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.
--------------------------------------------------​-------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Observer dr_jjrussell
Observer

Re: Directives Pane of GUI h

I believe I have isolated the problem, although, given so much of context of UNIX is hidden in environment variables and such,you should certainly double check.

The problem is occurs in the following code

#define PRAGMA_SUB(x) _Pragma (#x)
#define PRAGMA_HLS(x) PRAGMA_SUB(x)

#define PRAGMA_LATENCY PRAGMA_HLS(HLS latency min=33)

int x ()
{
   PRAGMA_LATENCY
   return 1;
}

and is associated with usage of PRAGMA_LATENCY. (Although hardcoded here, I wanted to parameterize the LATENCY, since it appears in multiple places in the code.)  This is a adaptation of the example in the UG902 2015.3 guide.

#include <hls_stream.h>
   using namespace hls;
#define PRAGMA_SUB(x) _Pragma (#x) #define PRAGMA_HLS(x) PRAGMA_SUB(x) #define STREAM_IN_DEPTH 8
void foo (stream<int> &InStream, stream<int> &OutStream) {
// Legal pragmas PRAGMA_HLS(HLS stream depth=STREAM_IN_DEPTH variable=InStream) #pragma HLS stream depth=8 variable=OutStream

}

I am using Vivado_hls 2015.3

JJRussell

0 Kudos