UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HLS simulation

Jump to solution

hi ,

i am using HLS-vivado for the first time.i have done the synthesis and i want to check the ouput waveforms in modelsim for vhdl.the tool has generated some scripts in vhdl folder.i am facing problem in running the scripts.i dont know how to run scripts and where to run.i tried in vivado2012.4 command prompt cosim_design but it is saying the command has not been recognised.pl someone help me in running the scripts 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: HLS simulation

Jump to solution
Hi,

Try below:

1. In the Co-simulation window, select the RTL language desired as below. 

3)      Now a set of files will be generated in your project directory /solution1/sim/Verilog     
4)      A script will be generated in language folder (vhdl/verilog) folder with the name cosim.modelsim.scr
5)      Open ISE 14.X command prompt (start --> ISE Design Tools --> ISE Design suite 14.X --> Accesories --> 64 bit command prompt) 

6) Type the below command after migrating to the project directory containing cosim.modelsim.scr file using cd

vsim -gui -do cosim.modelsim.scr.

7) Now the Modelsim window shows up with simulation results.

Thanks,
deepika.

Thanks,
Deepika.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left)
0 Kudos
9 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi,

Did you check this http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/46243.html ?

Thanks,

Deepika.

Thanks,
Deepika.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left)
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

thanks for ur reply.

ya i checked it and from that only i came to know about the scripts and all.

my prob is" To run simulation with Modelsim, source run_modelsim.sh file."

how to do this in hls command prompt?

i need to run the scripts tat are generated but how can i do that?i am not finding any video or ppt to do that.can u pl tell me the steps how to do that

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi,

Did you try opening modelsim and then sourcing the generated .sh file in the transcript window?

Thanks,

Deepika.

Thanks,
Deepika.
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

yes but still it is nt working.may be i made a mistake in running the script.

can u pl tell me completely

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution
Hi,

Try below:

1. In the Co-simulation window, select the RTL language desired as below. 

3)      Now a set of files will be generated in your project directory /solution1/sim/Verilog     
4)      A script will be generated in language folder (vhdl/verilog) folder with the name cosim.modelsim.scr
5)      Open ISE 14.X command prompt (start --> ISE Design Tools --> ISE Design suite 14.X --> Accesories --> 64 bit command prompt) 

6) Type the below command after migrating to the project directory containing cosim.modelsim.scr file using cd

vsim -gui -do cosim.modelsim.scr.

7) Now the Modelsim window shows up with simulation results.

Thanks,
deepika.

Thanks,
Deepika.
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

hi deepika,

thank u so much.i tried as per ur inputs but still a prob occurred.

am attaching u the stuff which i did.the red coloured underline shows the error.

for checking purpose i have double clicked on the cosim.modelsim.it displayed an error.that also i attached /pl go through and reply.

one more dobt which i have is we are c test bench for simulation.output in the console is shown.but same output if i haave to see in modelsim in which i can see and the how long the  simulation runs?

waiting for ur reply

ri**bleep**a

command prompt output.JPG
cosim.modelsim.JPG
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi,

Did you compile libraries for modelsim using COMPXLIB tool?

Looks like you have not compiled the libraries.

Thanks,

Deepika.

Thanks,
Deepika.
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution
no.

after running simulation so many outputs ll be coming in that which is the desired output how can i find?
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi,

If you want to use modelsim for simulation, you need to compile the libraries for this tool using COMPXLIB. Refer to this article for the details http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/33715.htm

Thanks,

Deepika.

Thanks,
Deepika.
0 Kudos