UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer joelschad
Observer

How do I add a part to the HLS New Project Wizard's "Device Selection Dialog" screen?

Jump to solution

Disclaimer: I am completely new to HLS.

I am trying to follow along with the HLS tutorials. The instructions state that I need Vivado Design Suite 2017.1 or later. I am using Vivado 2019.1.

When I start Vivado HLS 2019.1 and proceed through the tutorial, the FPGA part specified in the tutorial, xcvu9p-flgb2104-1, is not available in the New Project Wizard>Solution Configuration>Device Selection Dialog screen.

1) Where can I find the profile for this part?

2) Where do I need to put it in the Vivado folder to get it to show up in the dialog?

3) If the profile is not available, is there another part I can use that would work with this tutorial with minimal frustration?

Any help is appreciated.

Tags (2)
2019-07-22 08_35_35-Device Selection Dialog.png
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Voyager
Voyager

Re: How do I add a part to the HLS New Project Wizard's "Device Selection Dialog" screen?

Jump to solution

It sounds like the Virtex UltraScale+ parts were not included when Vivado was installed.  Check the following location:

<install_path>\Vivado\201X.X\data\parts\xilinx\virtexuplus\public\ibis\pkg

replace X.X with your install version.

If the device you are looking for is not there, then I suspect you need to update your Vivado installation to add those devices.  The device selection is a check list in the installation GUI.

Ted Booth - Tech. Lead FPGA Design Engineer
www.designlinxhs.com
3 Replies
Voyager
Voyager

Re: How do I add a part to the HLS New Project Wizard's "Device Selection Dialog" screen?

Jump to solution

It sounds like the Virtex UltraScale+ parts were not included when Vivado was installed.  Check the following location:

<install_path>\Vivado\201X.X\data\parts\xilinx\virtexuplus\public\ibis\pkg

replace X.X with your install version.

If the device you are looking for is not there, then I suspect you need to update your Vivado installation to add those devices.  The device selection is a check list in the installation GUI.

Ted Booth - Tech. Lead FPGA Design Engineer
www.designlinxhs.com
Observer joelschad
Observer

Jump to solution

Thanks for the input. You are right. The Virtex profiles were not installed and are not available because I'm using Vivado Webpack.

As a shot in the dark, would you know if there is a substantially similar non-Virtex part that might work well for tutorial purposes, like a particular high-end Kintex?

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hey @joelschad,

The highest-end Kintex is the KU15P. It only has about half the resources of the Virtex part, but if I remember correctly, the tutorials don't need all the resources of that part. I think the developers of the tutorials chose a very large part so that HLS Synthesis would complete faster. Ultimately, even if you do exceed the resources of the Kintex part, you'll still be able to learn from that guide.

Nicholas Moellers

Xilinx Worldwide Technical Support