UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Explorer
Explorer

How to implement such function in HLS C++ ?

Hello,everybody.

vivado2015.4.1.

I want to implement such function-------

Every period there is a sync signal.

Then I begin to read M data from RAM.

After N periods, I got M*N data samples.

I need to use this entire M*N matrix for my next algorithm.

I know a for-loop could read data from RAM to local memory,

but it is only one dimension.  

I really do NOT know how to write code

to read and save the data to a two-dimension matrix in HLS.

Please help me !

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Teacher muzaffer
Teacher

Re: How to implement such function in HLS C++ ?

a two dimensional array is just a linear array of memory where you use two different indices to get at the data you want. Basically if you have indices i, j with M with the maximum value of i, to get at any arbitrary element you can use address = i + j * M.
In any case, check whether you need all the data in the array before your "next algorithm" can proceed. Usually you need a number of lines where the number is less than N so you don't need to wait for all the N lines.
- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
0 Kudos
Scholar u4223374
Scholar

Re: How to implement such function in HLS C++ ?

Have a look at the image processing examples (eg. XAPP 1167). After all, an image is a 2D array of numbers, just like a matrix.

What you'll find is that in RAM images are stored as long 1D arrays, and for streaming they're treated as 1D arrays with a marker to indicate each line (TLAST, set on the last bit of each line).

0 Kudos