UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

Reading HLS IP core AXI-Lite interface registers from XSDB

Highlighted
Visitor

Reading HLS IP core AXI-Lite interface registers from XSDB

Hello everyone,

I generated an IP core in HLS (from the AXI-Lite interface example) which works with SDK software but I cannot access it's AXI-Lite registers through the XSDB application. I can write normally but not read the values back. The code is the one below.

#include <stdio.h>

void example(char *a, char *b, char *c)
{
#pragma HLS INTERFACE s_axilite port=a bundle=BUS_A
#pragma HLS INTERFACE s_axilite port=b bundle=BUS_A
#pragma HLS INTERFACE s_axilite port=c register bundle=BUS_A
#pragma HLS INTERFACE s_axilite port=return bundle=BUS_A

*c += *a + *b;
}

The registers generated from the synthesis are the ones below:

registers.png

I then used "Export RTL" command to send it to Vivado. I imported it to the project and then I after I generated the bitstream, run SDK and programmed the board and run a hello world application. Then I opened XSDB and tried to access the offsets of the addresses without success. (I also had a GPIO linked to LEDs which worked both in read/write directions)

failed_access.png

failed_read_2.png

I can write to those addresses without any problem with XSDB but not read them, even though the header file says that those addresses are read/write.

Is it possible to read the values from XSDB? Or HLS allows read access only through the SDK suite to those registers?

Finally, I use the VCU108 board for the experiments.

Regards,

Spyros