UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer lss1776
Observer

The problem of synthesize

The picture is my code,the src_data and dst_data are two arrays.The src_data is input array,and it need to cache.The dst_data is just a relay array,so it need not to cache.I find src_data and dst_data are synthesized using BRAM,but the dst_data should not consume BRAM.I do not know why this is,so I want to know how to solve the problem.Thanks.

1111.JPG
2222.JPG
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Scholar u4223374
Scholar

Re: The problem of synthesize

Try adding a "DATAFLOW" pragma inside the loop, moving the dst_data definition inside the loop, and applying a "STREAM" pragma to that. This still might not be enough (HLS may not be able to do dataflow on that loop) but it'll certainly help.

0 Kudos
Observer lss1776
Observer

The loop can not add DATAFLOW,Pre-synthesis failed.
0 Kudos
Observer crystal
Observer

Hello,

Hls synthesis arrays to ap_memory (bram) by default. What dou you mean the ddr shouldn't consume the BRAM? The local array should be stored using some memory resources. You can use the RESOURCE progma to choose where it's put.

0 Kudos