UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vivado HLS design Problem

I am follwing Xilinx's user guide ug871 with its design files.

i am using 30 days evaluation version of Vivado HLS. After completing first example of FIR filter when we have to add 2nd Solution in our project follwing error comes up and it does not let me make any other solution.

I have attached the screen shot of the error comes up when i have to add another solution in my project.

Thanks in advance

problem.png
0 Kudos
9 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Vivado HLS design Problem

This is a known issue with 2012.4.

This asnwer record explains the workaround:

http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/53649.htm

Duncan

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Open any example project in Vivado HLS 2012.4. Go to New Solutions and try to create a new one. Once you click on finish, the folder is created in the project directory but cannot be seen in the GUI under the existing solution. If you click on finish again then it says Resource 'solution*' already exists. Interestingly the folder created by the name of new solution(example Solution2) has a script.tcl file which is empty which seems to be the root of this problem.

This works fine in 2012.3 or 2012.2.

So as to workaround this issue you can go through answer record- http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/53649.htm

Regards,

Vishal

Tags (1)
0 Kudos

thanks duncanm.... this was a great help....

i gone through this step successfuly but got stucked in the step further...

i am trying to Run-C simulation and it is coming up with following errors.

@I [HLS-10] Current directory: C:/Vivado_HLS/Examples/fir.prj/solution2/csim/build

llvm-gcc.exe: –BIT_ACCURATE: No such file or directory

@E [APCC-1-1] llvm-gcc compile failed: child process exited abnormally

@E [APCC-1] ProcessSources failed

@I [APCC-3] Tmp directory is apcc_db

@E [APCC-1] APCC failed.

@I [LIC-101] Checked in feature [VIVADO_HLS]

make: *** [C:/Vivado_HLS/Examples/fir.prj/solution2/csim/build/obj/fir_test.o] Error 1
@E [SIM-1] CSim file generation failed: compilation error(s).
@I [LIC-101] Checked in feature [VIVADO_HLS]

i am trully following the tutorial and havent done anything apart.

Only difference between my GUI and the tutorial on Page:38 is the absence of Check Box show in the figure marked with red circle.

thanks again for your kind help

regards

Untitled.png
0 Kudos

thanks VISHAL
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

The "Use APCC Compiler" option has been removed in HLS 2013.3 GUI. This option is enabled by default.

Thanks,

Deepika.

Thanks,
Deepika.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left)
0 Kudos

Thanks Deepika...

Any suggestions to counter the error appearing whenever i co-simulate my design?

Regards

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

The simulation error is probably caused by (sorry to say) some mistake in specifying the -DBIT_ACCURATE macro. Note, that it also needs to be set in the synthesis settings.

It seems to think BIT_ACCURATE is some file or unknown term: it simply a macro, which when defined in the project settings ensures bit accurate code is used. You could also just create a new project and edit to code to ensure only the code (in the source code and testbench) which is enabled by the BIT_ACCURATE macro is present (and the macro definition is not needed).

Sorry I double checked the tutorial and it's work fine for me.

0 Kudos

I ran into this issue too.  It was because I tried to copy and paste the macro -DBIT_ACCURATE from the tutorial pdf directly, instead of typing it myself.  I suspect it didn't recognize the "dash" from the pdf

Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Thanks Jonathan, this is a typical gotcha (PDF specific NOT Xilinx!)
- Hervé

SIGNATURE:
* New Dedicated Vivado HLS forums* http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/High-Level-Synthesis-HLS/bd-p/hls
* Readme/Guidance* http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/New-Users-Forum/README-first-Help-for-new-users/td-p/219369

* Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
* Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
0 Kudos