UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor anderslange
Visitor

Vivado HLS terminates debug session immediately when I include a call to a openCV function

Jump to solution

Hi

I'm having a kinds of trouble with getting Vivado HLS to work with the opencv libraries.

I'm using HLS v. 2013.2, and as far as I can see the opencv libraries are already included with the tools, I can easily include the headers, the HLS eclipse, will display index them, I can open them as well as the source files....

I'm running Win7 Pro 64bit.

If I try to build and debug a HLS project, with just a single function call to an opencv function, the debug process just terminates without any output messages.

I've tried both with the demo source files from the XAPP1167 application note as well as with a simple HLS project I made myself.

In the project I made myself I only call the cvLoadImage() function, and I do this in the testbench cpp file, but it breaks my debug session, doing a build-only dosn't give any errors or warnings... 

What am I doing wrong....

Do I need to add any specific references to the project settings?

Do I actually need a standalone opencv installation on my pc, when the libraires seemingly are included with the HLS tool suite?

Please help, it is very urgent that I get the tool suite up and running.

I've added a zip file with my own project that ain't working if I call an opencv function....

Regards

Anders Lange

Anders Lange
PhD Student, The Maersk Mc-Kinney Moller Instute
University of Southern Denmark, Faculty og Engineering
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Visitor anderslange
Visitor

Re: Vivado HLS terminates debug session immediately when I include a call to a openCV function

Jump to solution

Okay... looking a bit more into it, I found the dll's for opencv in the Vivado HLS directory (as I would have expected), so aparently Windows just couldn't find them... So after adding the directory to my system path variable everything works :-)

I would however have expected that the installer had updated the system path variable with the appropiate information so the toolchain would work out of the box... 

Wonder if this error might be caused by the fact that I both have the ISE 14.6 and Vivado 2013.2 suites installed???

But thanks for the help on figuring out what was actually wrong.

Regards

Anders Lange
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Vivado HLS terminates debug session immediately when I include a call to a openCV function

Jump to solution

Opencv function is supported in testbench.

Though I'm not quite sure, I suspect that you have not added the image file that  cvLoadImage() function loads to the testbench. If so, woould you add the image file to testbench and try again?

If it still fails, would you open one Vivado HLS command prompt, and run solution1\csim\build\csim.exe to see any information?

Hope it helps.

Regards,
brucey
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Visitor anderslange
Visitor

Jump to solution

Hi Brucey

The image file was added to the testbench, I've even tried using the full path instead of just the filename.

But no mattter, after running the csim.exe from the HLS command prompt I got the follwing message:

hls_opencv_error.jpg

So how should I go about solving this...? I have opencv installed and working for MS Visual C++, but when thinking of it that is version 2.4.6, should I install version 2.4.5 instead? if so it would be nice if the HLS manual actually stated that it is necesarry to install opencv seperately, and that it has be version 2.4.5.... ;-)

Regards

Anders Lange

Anders Lange
0 Kudos
Visitor anderslange
Visitor

Jump to solution

Okay... looking a bit more into it, I found the dll's for opencv in the Vivado HLS directory (as I would have expected), so aparently Windows just couldn't find them... So after adding the directory to my system path variable everything works :-)

I would however have expected that the installer had updated the system path variable with the appropiate information so the toolchain would work out of the box... 

Wonder if this error might be caused by the fact that I both have the ISE 14.6 and Vivado 2013.2 suites installed???

But thanks for the help on figuring out what was actually wrong.

Regards

Anders Lange
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

14.6 should not affect 2013.2 installation. I think the opencv path is not added to path environment by 2013.2 installation. However, from HLS GUI, it should already include the opencv path.

Anyway, it's good to hear that it works.

Regards,
brucey
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
0 Kudos