UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C/RTL CO Simulation Failed.....

I am new to Vivado HLS and trying to implement a tutorial design of Matrix Multiplication provided by Xilinx in its workshop material for Vivado HLS.

Everything looks good until i start C/RTL Co-Simulation. it gives an error as it can be seen below in red colour.

what could be the possible reason for this error. i am following a tutorial and literally following it. i have attached the tutorial.

i will b e grateful for your kind help

#########################################################################################

Starting C/RTL Cosimulation ...
C:/Xilinx/Vivado_HLS/2012.4/Win_x86/bin/vivado_hls_bin.exe -flow cosim -flow_args "-trace_level none -rtl verilog -tool isim"
@I [LIC-101] Checked out feature [VIVADO_HLS]
@I [HLS-10] Running 'C:/Xilinx/Vivado_HLS/2012.4/Win_x86/bin/vivado_hls_bin.exe'
@I [HLS-10] On platform 'Windows NT_intel version 6.1'
@I [HLS-10] Vivado HLS Tcl shell started on Sat Feb 23 12:20:55 +0500 2013 for user 'Mohsin' at host 'mohsin-pc'
@I [HLS-10] Current directory: C:/Vivado_HLS/Examples/matrixmul.prj/solution1
@I [SIM-47] Using ISIM for RTL simulation.
@I [SIM-14] Instrumenting C test bench ...
Build using "C:/Xilinx/Vivado_HLS/2012.4/msys/bin/g++.exe"
Compiling apatb_matrixmul1.cpp
Compiling matrixmul1.cpp_pre.cpp.tb.cpp
Compiling matrixmul1_test.cpp_pre.cpp.tb.cpp
Generating cosim.tv.exe
@I [SIM-302] Generating test vectors ...
{
{870,906,942}
{1086,1131,1176}
{1302,1356,1410}
}
@E [SIM-330] Aborting co-simulation: top function 'matrixmul1' is not invoked in the test bench.
@E [SIM-4] *** C/RTL co-simulation finished: FAIL ***
@I [SIM-335] Co-sim total time used: 4 seconds.
@I [LIC-101] Checked in feature [VIVADO_HLS]

=========================================================================================

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Newbie nickbutler

Re: C/RTL CO Simulation Failed.....

I've seen exactly the same issue, the C Simulation runs fine on its own but not in Co-Simulation. Very annoying! I'm running Windows XP 32-bit with Vivado HLS 2012.4.

For me the application cosim.tv.exe crashes when the top level function is called. I thought it might be the recently added Directives, but I made a new Solution with no Directives and cosim.tv.exe still crashes.

0 Kudos
Newbie nickbutler

OK I've fixed this problem. I changed my design back to non-bit-true signals and the C Simulation picked up a segmentation fault. I corrected the fault and went back to bit-true and now have no problems.
0 Kudos
Highlighted

cosim is failing AFTER modifying the c-code.

0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Hi,

I think you can select dump trace option when you use co-sim with modelsim. Then you can trace your internal signals in the modelsim. Sometimes Vivado_hls fails in co-sim, but when you check the design with modelsim, its timing is correct. It is quite weird. 

So, my suggestion is 1) Trace the design with modelsim. 2) If the timing is correct, generate the Pcore and test it in EDK. If failed, test it with chipscope or BFM.

Good luck. :-)

0 Kudos
Newbie zjj6450156

Perhaps cosim.tv.exe is blocked by antivirus software.

0 Kudos
Visitor panfei
Visitor

I add:

#define HW_COSIM 1 

under namespace line and it works.

No idea about the logic of the testbench here.

0 Kudos