cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Error Messages by Tcl command

Hallo Community,

I use some Tcl scripts in project mode, which are running on a remote host. But if there is an error, is laborious to get the error message, especially for OOC modules.

Is there a way to get the error messages by using Tcl. Tcl Reference Guid hasn't helped me.

Thanks and greetings

c.blochi

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi blochwitz@physik.uni-luebeck.de ,

I guess what you are looking for is totally a TCL feature for ease of use on determing the error messages.

So i guess the general way is making Vivado exit whenever any Error is incurred using catch commands.

Also generally tcl will make Vivado stop when ever there is error.

So, how you are invoking Vivado from TCL, like as mentioned below:

vivado -mode tcl -source <>.tcl  ????

Thanks,

Raj

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi, blochwitz@physik.uni-luebeck.de ,

How do you check the error message?

Is it hard for you to check the log file? 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Project mode is a bit complicated. First you need to know in which process the error occurred, synthesis, implementation or any other process? You can know this in the vivado log file (by default it is vivado.log in the current work directory). Then you can go to the corresponding run folder to find the process log file (runme.log) to find the exact error message.

Another way is the open the project in vivado GUI after it errors out. Then you can check the error in the message window.

-vivian

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
如果提供的信息能解决您的问题,请标记为“接受为解决方案”。
如果您认为帖子有帮助,请点击“奖励”。谢谢!
0 Kudos