UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Participant bradselw
Participant

How to specify which LUT pin a route through uses?

In Vivado, I am trying to manually route a signal to a DFF in a slice (Kintex7). The D6LUT and CARRY4 BELs are being used, so I need to route through the D5LUT to reach the FF's D pin. The net I'm routing comes in through the site's D1 pin, which is connected to the D5LUT's A1 pin. Vivado does make a route through when I place the cell, but for some reason it only routes through the A5 pin on the D5LUT - I need some way to change it to the A1 pin. Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: How to specify which LUT pin a route through uses?

What you want is a LOCK_PINS constraint - very similar to what you did in ISE.

Have a look at UG 903 on using constraints with Vivado:

http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2014_2/ug903-vivado-using-constraints.pdf

Greg Daughtry
Vivado Product Marketing Director, Xilinx, Inc.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor audiodane
Visitor

Re: How to specify which LUT pin a route through uses?

Do you mean to apply the LOCK_PINS constraint to the DFF itself, here? I have a similar situation in that the LUT itself (using the O6 output) has an equation to use one input, and another input is being used to pass-through to the DFF input. The LUT constraint doesn't even SEE the DFF pass-through input, since it's not a part of the truth table. Can you give us an example of how to constrain which input a LUT5 pass-through uses en-route to a DFF?

cheers,
..dane
http://audiodane.dandk.org
0 Kudos