UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Issue with bitgen tcl.post hook script in Vivado project flow...

I have a tcl hook script that I would like to run after bitstream generation in the Vivado project flow.  One of the things that the hook script does is copies output files that we would like to preserve in revision control from inside the project tree to a separate, revision-controlled folder.  One of these files is the .ltx file, which stores the debug probe configuration.

The problem I am having is that, apparently, the .ltx file is written *after* the bitgen tcl.post hook script is called, because the .ltx file being copied is the one from the prior run, not the current run.  Is there any way to call my hook script after *all* Vivado project post-processing steps are complete?

Alternatively, if there was a way to generate the .ltx file on my own in my script, that would be acceptable, although less desirable.

Thanks,

-Marko

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Issue with bitgen tcl.post hook script in Vivado project flow...

Hi @marko_vulovic

You can generate the ltx file using write_debug_probes command.

Thanks,
Deepika.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left)
0 Kudos

Hello Deepika.

How can I determine exactly what argument values write_debug_probes is called with by the Vivado project manager?  I did not see a call to it in my .log or .jou files.

Thanks,

-Marko

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @marko_vulovic

The command would be as below

write_debug_probes <file_name>

Thanks,
Deepika.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left)
0 Kudos

Thank you.  I will give that a try and see if the results are as I expect.

What about my original question: Is there any way to call my hook script after *all* Vivado project post-processing steps are complete?

Thanks,

-Marko

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @marko_vulovic

No, I dont think we have anything like that.

Thanks,
Deepika.
0 Kudos