UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

Run project.tcl file error

Accepted Solution Solved
Highlighted
Participant rb@
Participant
Accepted Solution

Run project.tcl file error

Hello,

I want to create the example project with HDMI Transmitter ADV7511 and AC701 board from

https://github.com/analogdevicesinc/hdl/tree/master/projects/adv7511/ac701.

I run the project TCL file with source system_project.tcl. However, I get the error

ERROR: This project requires Vivado 2015.4.2.
    while executing
"adi_project_create adv7511_ac701"
    (file "system_project.tcl" line 6)

My Vivado version is 2016.2. Is Vivado not downward compatible? 

Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions
Mentor

Re: Run project.tcl file error

Hi rb@ , 

There is at least a couple of options to proceed:

1. Install Vivado 2015.4

2. Change REQUIRED_VIVADO_VERSION to 2016.2 in adi_project.tcl file (link), then try to compile and decide what to do next depending on the outcome. It might give an error, for example, because some IP Cores this project uses require exact 2015.4 version. Or it might just compile and work fine.

Thanks,

Evgeni

View solution in original post

All Replies
Mentor

Re: Run project.tcl file error

Hi rb@ , 

There is at least a couple of options to proceed:

1. Install Vivado 2015.4

2. Change REQUIRED_VIVADO_VERSION to 2016.2 in adi_project.tcl file (link), then try to compile and decide what to do next depending on the outcome. It might give an error, for example, because some IP Cores this project uses require exact 2015.4 version. Or it might just compile and work fine.

Thanks,

Evgeni