UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

Running report_timing from a .dcp from Vivado TCL

Accepted Solution Solved
Highlighted
Visitor
Accepted Solution

Running report_timing from a .dcp from Vivado TCL

I have .dcp file which I can open in the vivado gui and write the tcl command "report_timing" and get the report. I want to do this using the command line "vivado -mode tcl". When I say read_checkpoint <filename>.dcp and then run report_timing, it tells me "User Exception: No open design. Please open an elaborated, synthesized or implemented design before executing this command." How can I do this?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions

Re: Running report_timing from a .dcp from Vivado TCL

Hi @am17an,

You can try:

open_checkpoint <path>/file.dcp

and report_timing -file <path>/file_2.rpt

Regards,
Prathik
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the appropriate post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helps to resolve your query.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

All Replies

Re: Running report_timing from a .dcp from Vivado TCL

Hi @am17an,

You can try:

open_checkpoint <path>/file.dcp

and report_timing -file <path>/file_2.rpt

Regards,
Prathik
Please mark the appropriate post as an answer "Accept as solution" in case it helps to resolve your query.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.