UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor davidnvm
Visitor

Vivado Post-Synthesis DSP report (TCL script)

Vivado provide a detailed report of DSP mapping:

DSP: Preliminary Mapping Report (see note below)
+------------+-------------+--------+--------+--------+--------+--------+------+------+------+------+-------+------+------+
|Module Name | DSP Mapping | A Size | B Size | C Size | D Size | P Size | AREG | BREG | CREG | DREG | ADREG | MREG | PREG |
+------------+-------------+--------+--------+--------+--------+--------+------+------+------+------+-------+------+------+
|adder_tree  | A2*B2       | 14     | 6      | -      | -      | 20     | 1    | 1    | -    | -    |     - | 0    | 0    |

Note: The table above is a preliminary report that shows the DSPs inferred at the current stage of the synthesis flow.

As mentioned by vivado this report is pleliminary, after flattening thedesign Vivado find a MAC (this can be extrapolated from the final report_utilization command):

+------+----------------+------+
| |Cell |Count |
+------+----------------+------+
|1 |CARRY8 | 3|
|2 |DSP_ALU | 1|
|3 |DSP_A_B_DATA | 1|
|4 |DSP_C_DATA | 1|
|5 |DSP_MULTIPLIER | 1|
|6 |DSP_M_DATA | 1|
|7 |DSP_OUTPUT_1 | 1|
|8 |DSP_PREADD | 1|
|9 |DSP_PREADD_DATA | 1|

I would like to be able to generate the same kind of report than the preliminary report but at the end of the synthesis step (once DSP mapping is optimal).

Is there an appropriate command or do I need to generate the full report using queries??

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Re: Vivado Post-Synthesis DSP report (TCL script)

Hi @davidnvm ,

I believe you will have to have use report_utilziation for your requirement only. Synth report will show the mapping details of dsp which will be preliminary.

Regards,
hemangd

Don't forget to give kudos and mark it as accepted solution if your issue gets resolved.
0 Kudos
Visitor davidnvm
Visitor

Re: Vivado Post-Synthesis DSP report (TCL script)

The report_utilization does not give a detailed (instance name + DSP mapping) information of the instances mapped onto DSP. So it is not usefull for big designs with lots of DSPs.

I was looking for a solution with queries:

foreach dspI [all_dsps] {
set NAME [report_property -return_string $dspI NAME]

set ALU_MODE ????

}

But I do not see any property that give information about the DSP programming mode in the report_property help.

It seems crucial to me to have the ability to get an accurate DSP report after synthesis for high speed designs.

0 Kudos