Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Write TCL and recreate BD 2018.2

Jump to solution

I have a project with top level VHDL file, and a lower level BD module which then uses the generated wrapper to instantiate it.

I have tried using Project->Write TCL to generate a script that I can use with SVN to create the project, but have found that when using the Recreate Block Designs it first of all tries to add in the wrapper file before it has even created the BD, which of course won't work, as the wrapper file is generated I don't really want to have to add it into SVN.

So what do I need to do to the TCL script to create the wrapper and have it added to the sources fileset?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Write TCL and recreate BD 2018.2

Jump to solution

@arnelln,

You can use make_wrapper TCL command to create a wrapper file for your BD design. 

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2018_1/ug835-vivado-tcl-commands.pdf#page=1032

After using make_wrapper file, you need to use add_files command to add the new generated wrapper file to your sources. 

Example: 

make_wrapper -files [get_files C:/Webcases/project_13/project_13.srcs/sources_1/bd/design_1/design_1.bd] -top

add_files -norecurse C:/Webcases/project_13/project_13.srcs/sources_1/bd/design_1/hdl/design_1_wrapper.v

--Syed

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

Did you check our new quick reference timing closure guide (UG1292)?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Highlighted

Jump to solution

@arnelln,

You can use make_wrapper TCL command to create a wrapper file for your BD design. 

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2018_1/ug835-vivado-tcl-commands.pdf#page=1032

After using make_wrapper file, you need to use add_files command to add the new generated wrapper file to your sources. 

Example: 

make_wrapper -files [get_files C:/Webcases/project_13/project_13.srcs/sources_1/bd/design_1/design_1.bd] -top

add_files -norecurse C:/Webcases/project_13/project_13.srcs/sources_1/bd/design_1/hdl/design_1_wrapper.v

--Syed

Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.

Did you check our new quick reference timing closure guide (UG1292)?

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Jump to solution

@syedz

Thanks for the response, it works.  

0 Kudos