UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer pixel2017
Observer

add old IPs to design

Dear @florentw

I want to add two AXI IPIF one master and one stream. where are those IPs in Vivado?

Someone wrote this for me:

you generated the AXI Interfaces with the help of vivado, but you should take the AXI IPIF

where should I get this IP when it is hidden? I read below post but  still no clue.

https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Design-Entry/Instantiating-AXI-Lite-IPIF-or-other-hidden-IP-cores/td-p/326097

also it is old IP and why should I not use the wizard to create new Interface with Vivado?

BR;PIXI

0 Kudos
4 Replies

Re: add old IPs to design

Hi @pixel2017,

From the PG155:

ipif.PNG

You cannot use this IP directly. Helper core are usually included in example application for IPs. Not sure which one uses the IPIF.

And I am not sure what is your need for the IPIF? How did you find this IP?

You might want to see AR#62549.

Why should I not use the wizard to create new Interface with Vivado?

Well you might want to ask this "Someone" for his reasons. It looks like he is still stuck in ISE and refractory to newest tools ;-)

The wizard is really good to create new interfaces. They are compliant with the AXI spec.

Regards,

Florent

Florent
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**
Observer pixel2017
Observer

Dear @florentw

I must use two below Ip cores and IPIF bus. 

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/ip_documentation/axi_master_burst/v2_0/pg162-axi-master-burst.pdf

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/ip_documentation/axi_lite_ipif/v3_0/pg155-axi-lite-ipif.pdf

could you please explain how I must use them and what is IPIF bus?

Regards,

Pixi

0 Kudos

Hi @pixel2017,

I won't explain you how to use the IPIF as this is not supported (this is not in the IP catalog).

The best solution is to use the wizard for a new AXI interface. If you want to use the IPIF you are on your own and I do not recommend you to use it.

Regards,

Florent

Florent
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**
Observer pixel2017
Observer

Dear @florentw

Is there any  Xilinx example that include below Ips and one block in the middle of it. 

AXI VIP ---any example block--------AXI VIP

BR;Pixi

0 Kudos