Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ianpoole
Visitor
Visitor

*_clocks.xdc for IP packager

Hi

I am currently using Vivado 2015.1. 

I have packaged some IP for our many different clients to build into their designs. The IP is configurable. Depending on how each client configures the IP, the IP needs different timing constraints. We currently put all possible constraints in a single "xdc.xdc" file that is packaged with the IP, but for some clients this results in many critical warnings as constraints can't be applied to their configuration of the IP.

Standard XDC files do not support "if" statements, so I can't use the "xdc.xdc" file. Unmanaged tcl in Vivado does support "if" statements, so I have written some "if" statements that determin the IP configuration and apply the correct constraints. However, I've only been able to do this manually - what is the best way to tie my tcl file to the IP packager flow such that it is always executed at the correct point in the flow?

Thanks in advance

Ian

0 Kudos
3 Replies
siktap
Scholar
Scholar

Interesting problem statement.I dont think we have automated way to do this. 

Regards

Sikta

0 Kudos
vemulad
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @ianpoole

Currently in Vivado IP packager does not support this. We have an existing enhancement CR 856496 for this request.

This is in road map.

Thanks,

Deepika.

Thanks,
Deepika.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left)
0 Kudos
alifalafel007
Visitor
Visitor

Was this ever implemented?  I have a similar situation to the OP and have tried a number of different ways to get conditional constraints to work, including this, but

• the IP packager warns "[IP_Flow 19-991] Unrecognized or unsupported file found in file group 'Synthesis'" when I include a TCL file with unmanaged constraints,
  • when I go to build my full design, the affected IP cores show up with the TCL file's "used in" options all deselected, so it is ignored completely during OOC synthesis, and
  • when I manually check "used in synthesis" for the TCL file, it is still just completely ignored.

I still have this problem in Vivado 2020.1.

0 Kudos