UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Explorer
Explorer

save spreadsheet from report_utilization command in a format other than xlsx or read xlsx from tcl?

Jump to solution

Hi, I want to extract some numbers from synthesis report in tcl. For instance, if the generated netlist uses 1000 CLB LUTs, I want to do something like

set clbUsage 1000

from tcl file.

Such info seems to be found with report_utilization command and can be exported to xlsx file using -spreadsheet_file and -spreadsheet_table flags together. At this point, I am running python script to read xlsx file and output in tcl list format so that tcl file can do something like set clbUsage 1000.

I think this is definitely not a clean way to achieve this... can I save report_utilization spreadsheet file in format other than xlsx like txt?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: save spreadsheet from report_utilization command in a format other than xlsx or read xlsx from tcl?

Jump to solution

Hi @moon5756

Please try with the command i mentioned above (report_utilization -file <file_path>util.txt. I tried it at my end, and i got proper output in the text file unlike you got (broken).

See the attached file.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Rohit

Regards
Rohit
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies

Re: save spreadsheet from report_utilization command in a format other than xlsx or read xlsx from tcl?

Jump to solution

Hi @moon5756

You can use below command:

report_utilization -file <file_path>utl.txt

file_path is the path to the text file.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Rohit

Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Regards
Rohit

Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

@thakurr

Doesn't it break though? I saved it as txt file and open it up with text editor and it seems to be broken..

I attached txt file that's generated from command

report_utilization -name utilization_1 -spreadsheet_file util_table.txt -spreadsheet_table "Hierarchy"

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi @moon5756,

Changed .txt to .xls

Capture.PNG

--------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the appropriate answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give 'Kudos' to a post which you think is useful and reply oriented.
--------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi @moon5756

Please try with the command i mentioned above (report_utilization -file <file_path>util.txt. I tried it at my end, and i got proper output in the text file unlike you got (broken).

See the attached file.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Rohit

Regards
Rohit

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

@thakurr

@prathikm

Thanks for the reply,

so what I want to save is -spreadsheet_file but it seems like it's only available in GUI mode.(a file saved with -spreadsheet_file is a good form to be parsed) So in non GUI mode, do I need to save txt file with -file flag and parse to get CLB usage? This is doable, but doesn't seem like a clean solution. As I stated above, all I want to do is something like

set clbUse [some value]

Thanks.

0 Kudos