Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gudurvenkatesh
Observer
Observer

Acces BRAM from PS and PL sections in Zynq

Jump to solution

Hello all,
I am working on an idea where I need some data written to BRAM from PS. Later this data has to be read from PL.

With my knowledge and survey, I found that I should use true dual port BRAM. One port should be connected to PS and other port to PL.

I am able to connect one port to PS via AXI BRAM controller. I am not getting further in connecting other port to PL. Please help me here.

1. How can I connect the other port of BRAM to PL and read data from BRAM into PL?

2. Am I proceeding in the right way? I have explained by need at the beginning. Should I go for any other approach?

Regards

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
gudurvenkatesh
Observer
Observer

I have created a custom IP peripheral. Brought some input/output ports out of the IP and connected them directly to BRAM. They are working fine. I am able to write BRAM from PS and read the same BRAM from PL.

Regards
Gudur

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
bernhardtp
Visitor
Visitor

Hello,

my design is similar:

PS -> AXI BRAM controller -> BRAM Port A

BRAM Port B -> own VHDL Controller

The BRAM is configured as Simple dual port RAM. It's not very hard, to write an own BRAM controller in VHDL.

best regards,

Phil

0 Kudos
gudurvenkatesh
Observer
Observer

I have created a custom IP peripheral. Brought some input/output ports out of the IP and connected them directly to BRAM. They are working fine. I am able to write BRAM from PS and read the same BRAM from PL.

Regards
Gudur

View solution in original post

0 Kudos