UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Block memory generator issue in Vivado

Hello!

I am working with block memory generator IP in Vivado on ZC706 evalaution board.distbmem.JPG

d[2:0] is connected to the Push buttons and spo[3:0] to the LEDs on the board. dout[0:0] = 1.

Details of the block memory generator are,
Mode: Standalone

Memory type: Single port RAM
Operating mode: Write first

When I connected d[2:0] directly to spo[3:0], I was able to blink the LEDs using the push buttons. But when I used block memory generator as the medium, there is nothing coming out from douta. 

Could anyone please help me on this issue.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Visitor cpicardo
Visitor

Re: Block memory generator issue in Vivado

You need a block memory controller, and an axi interface: zynq -> axi controller -> memory controller -> bram.

0 Kudos
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the reply!

Is it possible to use 'Block Memory Generator' in standalone mode, without using BRAM controller?

0 Kudos
Visitor cpicardo
Visitor

You need the BRAM controller.  You need this setup: ZYNQ -> AXI internconnect -> BRAM controller -> BRAM generator. It is easy to setup. Vivado auto-completes most of this for you.  Be patient, you will get it. 

Read the proper documentation here:

http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/ip_documentation/blk_mem_gen/v8_2/pg058-blk-mem-gen.pdf

http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/ip_documentation/axi_bram_ctrl/v4_0/pg078-axi-bram-ctrl.pdf

Good luck!

0 Kudos